Come on guys... Let's here the Q's and A's...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle Ugly

Reaction score
Silencer ring is a zero hp gain deal also.
All it does is allow you to hear the charger spooling up in the truck.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Silencer ring is a zero hp gain deal also.
All it does is allow you to hear the charger spooling up in the truck.

That's pretty much what I got out of what I read
Just all the horror stories people tell(probably a friend of a friend of a friend told there brother that something happened typically)
I figured it didn't do anything but quiet it down, but I'm not engineer (yet lol)

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
Ok Michael and Dave. My buddy ran his 1st gen out of fuel the other day and i have been working here and there to get it going again... we put about 10 gallon of fuel in it. took the fuel filter off, started pumpin the primer like a *****. pumped it 50 times and turned the motor over with the starter for 15 seconds got out and pumped 50 more times etc... did this about 3 times. no fuel. there is a rumor that the lift pump has a cam on it that wont allow it to prime if it lands on that cam but we turned it over multiple times and it did not work. took the outlet off the lift pump and did this all again. you could really hear it sucking or spitting air so we figured it was working (the primer button). no such luck after a lot of pumping. so last night i checked the fuel lines up and down like 3000 times for leaks. none. i got an air compressor and compressed the tank with air a little... all with the outlet line still off of the lift pump. finally we got fuel oout of the top of the lift pump. so as i kept the fuel coming, my buddy started pumping. when i stopped the air the fuel sank back in... the primer seemed to do nothing... ran the starter and still no fuel came out... i bubbled but no fuel would come out... we got a new lift pump and it will go on tonight... anyone have any thoughts as to what the problem could be if it is not the lift pump?

I've ran both my 12V and 24V out of fuel in the past..

With the 12V, I filled the fuel filter with fuel, put it back on. Then cracked loose a couple fuel lines at the injectors, pumped the lift pump plunger to hell and back, and gave it some cranking.. It fired, stumbled, and started to smooth out, to which then I re-tightened the lines, and all was well.

2nd (the LAST) time I let it run out, it took a little shot of ether to get it going.

2nd process was the same for my 24V.
NOTE: as you may know, ether is VERY VOLATILE and VERY DANGEROUS..
Use at your own risk.

1st time, that worked.