Computer Resetting Intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamoX413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all new here and a new ram owner. I bought an 01 Ram 5.2 on the cheap and is in pretty good shape however im having some issues with it. One of my issues is the computer resets itself occasionally. I have a CEL on due to a large evap leak. Occasionally when I get in the truck, the light is off and my stations are reset on the radio. I notice it runs rough at idle occasionally and when I come to a stop. Changed the IAC with a cheaper valucraft but wasn't much change. I notice when the computer resets itself, it seems like it runs rougher until the CEL comes back on then it runs good again. Maybe coincidental idk.

2 year old battery, new alternator, valucraft IAC, new Duralast TPS.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Every vehicle made works best with factory sensors for replacements, especially mopar,they may cost a bit more but they can prevent a ton of head scratching. Might be worth trying. Also be certain all of your grounds are clean and tight.