Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cd36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Have an 05 ram with 175k km on it, looks like a couple of coolant leaks started on the engine. One looks to be from the thermostat housing, which isn't a bad fix but the other seems to be from the outlet to the heater core. It is a metal pipe coming off the front of the engine, I assume it is just an o-ring that seals that hose? Just wondering if this is a common issue, seems like an odd place for it to start to leak from. Here is a picture of where it is leaking.

uploadfromtaptalk1395610909764.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heatercore leaks are pretty common for our generation. My truck had a heatercore leak, I'm assuming it must of leak in engine bay because it never did inside the truck but I was able to smell the coolant every time.

When replacing the heatercore some members on here will recommend replacing the blend door and AC evap at same time so you have to worries down road. I did this when I got my heatercore done.