coolant temp gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macdaddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
coolant temp gauge not working.
i replaced the sensor still nothing. i recalibrated the cluster and gauge moved. but still not working.
please help me to figure out what is going on. its a 2008 1500 4x4 bighorn 5.7

Last edited:

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
"i recalibrated the cluster and gauge moved. " Came up part way to warm but not hot temp and stopped moving or flickers between good reading and nothing?

Most likely some electrical issue.

OP
OP
M

macdaddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
coolant temp gauge not working.
i replaced the sensor still nothing. i recalibrated the cluster and gauge moved. but still not working.
please help me to figure out what is going on. its a 2008 1500 4x4 bighorn 5.7
Well I figured it out myself. Went it to the ecu and set the coolant temp sensor to not present! Works perfectly! Go figure

OP
OP
M

macdaddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
When should you change your coil packs ? I have 168000 miles never been changed. Still runs good but gas mileage suxs! Average 9 miles to the gallon

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When should you change your coil packs ? I have 168000 miles never been changed. Still runs good but gas mileage suxs! Average 9 miles to the gallon

I still have the factory coil packs at 174k miles. I wouldn’t change them unless you’re getting a misfire on a cylinder and it turns out to be the coil instead of the plug. I get around 15-18 mpg still. The cats could be getting clogged at that mileage and choking the engine a bit. Mine are there just for visual purposes only lol.

Last edited: