Could this be another ABS problems on a Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

LR Boe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
62Blazer
I thought about many of your suggestions. If I had the schematics with voltage and signal traces for all the computer modules on my truck I could likely evaluate the source of the problem. Manufactures don't freely offer such detailed info down to the individual component level. Thank you for your input.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you ever sneak out to see what it’s up to in the middle of the night? it sounds like you got a Decepticon. Time to trade it in for an Autobot lol

in all seriousness, though, I hope you’re able to get it figured it out. I’d be afraid to drive it around, especially at highway speeds.

OP
OP
L

LR Boe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Coramie,
When you mentioned sneaking up on it in the middle of the night I just thought of what my neighbor mentioned to me. He told me the Manufacturers wake up the computer on these new vehicles at night via satellite communication and down load up dates to the vehicle. He also indicated that if the programmer types in a number or letter that is errant the vehicle will give you all kinds of unexplained issues at random. He has had to unscramble a few of those.
Don't you just love having all these unwanted electronic controls on these new vehicles? I believe if a forward thinking CEO of one of the major manufacturers would take off his Dunce cap and put on his thinking cap he would realize there is a growing market for basic cars and trucks that don't have computers. 40% of the cost of new vehicles are for the electronics. Its beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used an infrared thermometer pointed At the calipers . Mine went about two months apart .