CPS - Crank position sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the time has come where I need to change the CPS and there are a ton out there.... any specific brands to avoid that are complete junk. Also is it always a good idea to change the cam sensor too since they are so cheap? this was something we always did with the CTD cause when one failed the other was close to failing too... but they were the same part number though

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i did oem for cam sensor so id say do mopar or crank as well

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Get an OEM one, I see a fairly high rate of failure with aftermarket ones.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer has both in stock, going to stop buy and pick them up after work.... they aren't that much more than parts stores, and I don't want to wait to buy them from the mopar store online and save $10....
Hopefully this will make her run better as she has been hit or miss lately.... still need to inspect plugs and replace the injectors... and maybe a transmission that keeps going into limp mode cause its on its way out the door again...

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should burn your truck down to the ground. Seems like there is something new on a weekly basis going wrong with that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should burn your truck down to the ground. Seems like there is something new on a weekly basis going wrong with that thing.

Nah, Tear it apart and make it a race truck.... Its got 122k on it, I expect sensors and such to fail, the trans is really the only thing that has been a constant issue... but that is the dealer more than its the truck...
But then there is the cali road factor..... gravel roads in my area are actually better than the paved roads... and that's no exaggeration

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nah, Tear it apart and make it a race truck.... Its got 122k on it, I expect sensors and such to fail, the trans is really the only thing that has been a constant issue... but that is the dealer more than its the truck...

But then there is the cali road factor..... gravel roads in my area are actually better than the paved roads... and that's no exaggeration

Race truck sounds fun!

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Race truck sounds fun!

Race anything is fun... my goal is to get back into auto cross and track racing using it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the old 3.9 V6 Dakotas, we used to slot the mounts for the CPS to increase timing, worked well on that motor, is there anything like that for the 5.7?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
On the old 3.9 V6 Dakotas, we used to slot the mounts for the CPS to increase timing, worked well on that motor, is there anything like that for the 5.7?

No there isn’t.