creaking steering wheel and no heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Drove to Oklahoma and back this weekend. 1500 mi round trip, no issues at all. When I got home, was turning the steering wheel in my drive way and it sounded like something was scraping or creaking when turning at very low speed. Honestly, I was exhausted and thought it was the wheels shifting on the base course through my yard. Nope, its coming from the steering wheel and it is constant noise coming from the steering wheel creaking around when turning the wheel at low speed or no speed. Thoughts on this before I take it back to the dealership? Also, now the steering wheel heater doesnt stay on. It only stays on for 2 seconds and then auto turns off. Not sure what would cause all of this, just curious if anyone else has had these issues with their 5th gen rams? 2022 Ram 2500 with 18.5k mi on it. Will be contacting the dealership for warranty, just curious if this is a known issue or not.

lat1504

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V 10
If it's coming from the steering wheel motion itself and not vehicle motion it's probably a clock spring issue and that could be why steering wheel heater is inop

OP
OP
F

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Definitely from the steering wheel motion because I turned the wheel while the truck was in park and it made the noise. Actually it makes the noise worse when the truck isnt in motion. Question though, how severe is this and if I let it go until the next oil change, would that be ok or is this something I should have fixed asap? I really dont need the steering wheel heater, and its hunting season and I am gone every weekend. I am about 3k mi away from next oil change and since the dealerships are doing them still, I can just ask to have this done then, as long as its not a huge deal? Maybe?