Creaks, Squeaks, Pops, resolved first try

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Disclaimer: I got lucky!

In the last year I’ve noticed all of the aforementioned getting worse. I searched the forums for ideas. One post pointed to sidesteps. When I left work I grabbed a sidestep, pulled and pushed up and down, and sure enough it squealed like a pig.. I tightened all corners when I got home (6 different screws each). Now my truck rides as tight as the day I bought her! Quiet as a Cadillac!

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

In the last year I’ve noticed all of the aforementioned getting worse. I searched the forums for ideas. One post pointed to sidesteps. When I left work I grabbed a sidestep, pulled and pushed up and down, and sure enough it squealed like a pig.. I tightened all corners when I got home (6 different screws each). Now my truck rides as tight as the day I bought her! Quiet as a Cadillac!

I wish all of my truck problems were this easy.

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I wish all of my truck problems were this easy.

For the record, these have not been all of my truck problems. Which is why I was pretty excited about this one being an easy fix. All the annoying noises from stepping into the truck to driving on bumpy roads are all gone. I’m assuming 3 years of natural corner to corner flexing (never off-road) loosened my steps.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I feel ya! I'd say my experiences are 50/50. Some jobs are easy like this and others I want to quit mid install :angels25:

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

Enjoy it while you can, just sayin'.

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
I had a sound issue as well, metallic rattle, tried ,any things, tbought it was suspension, turned out to be a metal clip that holds air valance I go place, it broke off after hitting a parking curb, went away when I finally replaced it

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Enjoy it while you can, just sayin'.

I’ll keep crawling under there as long as the steps need to be re tightened ever few years. The other Old truck noises are expected. Eventually she’ll get retired for a new rig. In the meantime she’s only three years old so all good at the moment.