Cummins Fuel Filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I hope the second filter is real, I got it from a place I have bought a lot of oil filters from in the past an never had a bad one that I know about but you never know they too could have been suckered... I think Mopar is widely faked due to the fact so few know that Fleetguard filters also fit the Ram trucks , I also think to much Mopar stuff is made in China making it easier to fake and get into the USA, JMHO

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I hope the second filter is real, I got it from a place I have bought a lot of oil filters from in the past an never had a bad one that I know about but you never know they too could have been suckered... I think Mopar is widely faked due to the fact so few know that Fleetguard filters also fit the Ram trucks , I also think to much Mopar stuff is made in China making it easier to fake and get into the USA, JMHO
Fleetguard is owned by Cummins. Cummins (FG) makes the Mopar filters for the diesel trucks.

They are definitely widely faked. Make sure that you buy from a reputable dealer/distributor and you should be ok as they should be buying direct from Fleetguard. (I used to be a Fleetguard rep)

If you ever see a Mopar/FG filter that says made in China, it is not legit. Most are made in the USA (TN and WI) BUT.... there are a few that are made in their other facilities in Australia and Mexico. But China... no dice.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I just don't understand people trying to save a few pennies on filters for a $60-$80k truck by ordering from amazon :rolleyes:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I just don't understand people trying to save a few pennies on filters for a $60-$80k truck by ordering from amazon :rolleyes:
Where do you get yours? The fake I got I ordered when they were hard to get locally. I am sure I could get them locally now but haven’t checked yet.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.

It's the convenience of ordering and you get it the next day. Sorry I don't live next door to the MOPAR or Fleetgaurd Retail Outlet.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It's the convenience of ordering and you get it the next day. Sorry I don't live next door to the MOPAR or Fleetgaurd Retail Outlet.
I agree it shouldn’t matter anyway. When I order an item it should be legit. I know when I order oil on Walmart or an oil filter I have received what I ordered not a fake. Don’t blame the victim right?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
My fuel filters did not come from Amazon, they came from a company I bought my Donaldson oil filters for my 5.9 CTD for about 6 years, there prices happened to be lower then the Amazon dealers when I purchased multiple filters at a time...

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Fleetguard is owned by Cummins. Cummins (FG) makes the Mopar filters for the diesel trucks.

They are definitely widely faked. Make sure that you buy from a reputable dealer/distributor and you should be ok as they should be buying direct from Fleetguard. (I used to be a Fleetguard rep)

If you ever see a Mopar/FG filter that says made in China, it is not legit. Most are made in the USA (TN and WI) BUT.... there are a few that are made in their other facilities in Australia and Mexico. But China... no dice.
I thought Fleetguard stopped making oil filters in the US when they closed down the plant in Lake Mills IA and shipped all that production work to the new plant they built down in MX or was that a white lie they told the workers when it closed...

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't know anything about Lake Mills but I know they were making filters in both Cookeville, TN and Neilsville (Stoughton), Wisconsin. They definitely didn't stop making them here. The Cookeville plant is still in operation today. Our deliveries came direct from their Cookeville, TN plant.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I don't know anything about Lake Mills but I know they were making filters in both Cookeville, TN and Neilsville (Stoughton), Wisconsin. They definitely didn't stop making them here. The Cookeville plant is still in operation today. Our deliveries came direct from their Cookeville, TN plant.
When they closed Lake Mills that is what the workers were lead to believe, I had family who worked their at the time, its how I found out Fleetguard made diesel oil filter for Mopar back in the day but have heard they no longer do so, I'm not sure if that is true or not, its also been reported they recently stopped making there own air filters for the 6.7L Cummins, it was farmed out to WIX :(

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The mopar ones say fleet guard on them so I believe they are identical still. So if they are farmed out they are at least the same. I wish wix would make an OEM equivalent one for a better price.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Fleetguard definitely still makes the filters. Wix doesn't many any filters for the Cummins engine but maybe they make the filters for the gassers. Not sure honestly.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Fleetguard definitely still makes the filters. Wix doesn't many any filters for the Cummins engine but maybe they make the filters for the gassers. Not sure honestly.
I've been using Wix fuel filters on my 2017 Cummins for the last 80k miles with zero problems. Both front and rear filters are from Rock Auto for just under $100.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've been using Wix fuel filters on my 2017 Cummins for the last 80k miles with zero problems. Both front and rear filters are from Rock Auto for just under $100.
What is the micron rating? I suspect it doesn’t meet Cummins recommendation of 3 micron. It is likely 5-6 micron at best.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I guess you just like to argue.
It has a 2 micron rating

WIX WF10255NP Specifications
Dimensions - Height5.484 IN
Duty TypeHD
Inner Diameter Bottom1.69 IN
Media MaterialSynthetic
Micron2.00 Mi
Outer Diameter Bottom4.22 IN
Outer Diameter Top4.22 IN
StyleCartridge Fuel Metal Free Filt

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
That is the style they sell at Napa I ended up having injectors go while using but may not have been the cause though. That is what dealer told me so I don’t use them anymore after getting new injectors.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Now that is interesting so will go back to place that info came from as ask it to be backed up, my self I prefer to run FG air filter over the Mopar one or any other brand, when I was driving OTR its all our company used back in the day...

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well I went back to my source and they put up photos of 2 different Fleetguard AF27684 filters ( and a FG box one came in from MX) that have the same plant number P33478 as the air filter in the first photo. I have also attached a photo of a Fleetguard air filter that was US made in 4/23... BTW the A56314 in the first photo is a Purolator air filter o_O :

Attachments

• IMG_4347.jpeg
    IMG_4347.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4900.jpeg
    IMG_4900.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9085.jpeg
    IMG_9085.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9087.jpeg
    IMG_9087.jpeg