cut out question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
as far as the gas burners go on the 5.7 i think the third gen and 4th are the same size. I just ordered my cut out aswell. my 3rd and 4th are both 3"

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Yep. 3" should be right on the stock piping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS
I can rest easy now :) Only reason I kept doubting myself is because almost everybody I talked to insisted it was 2.5. Guess maybe some year/engine combos had 2.5...o well, I will start a new thread when I get it and install it!

Where did y'all mount your switch? I was thinking about putting it in the blank spot where the pedal adjust rocker normally would be.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I have a switch in that same spot for my train horn, works great because if needed, a new delete plate can be purchased at a cheap price compared to a dash piece.

But the rest of my switches, such as the cut out, led bar, compressor, and whatever else, are getting lined up next to my power sliding back window button above the cup holders.

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i just had my switch come up and sit in the change holder, so say a cop hears my truck and i close the cutout all i have to do is shut the change holder and "why no officer,i dont have any sort of switches i could have tricked you with ;)"

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
i just had my switch come up and sit in the change holder, so say a cop hears my truck and i close the cutout all i have to do is shut the change holder and "why no officer,i dont have any sort of switches i could have tricked you with ;)"

That's probably smart. Haha. All of my switches are out in the open, but can they really have you flip everyone until they find what they're looking for?

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I wish I knew where to mount my switches in the Gen IV. My older Gen Rams always had a good place now I am stumped with my new truck. I to had a switch in my ash tray with my Gen II Ram.

126427.jpg