Cylinder 8 Misfire Diagnosis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Numbers are over the place, time to get some Mopar combustion cleaner two cans and run them through the motor. Then retest numbers are not good variable is to much.

DON'T WASTE your time using SEAFOAM its junk compared to Mopar combustion cleaner.

OP
OP
L

Lethalweapon100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9 Magnum
Numbers are over the place, time to get some Mopar combustion cleaner two cans and run them through the motor. Then retest numbers are not good variable is to much.

DON'T WASTE your time using SEAFOAM its junk compared to Mopar combustion cleaner.
Ill look into that. Where can I buy it?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
At the dealer or off the web.

Genuine Chrysler Accessories 4318001AD Combustion Chamber Cleaner

U must use two cans one is not enough.

OP
OP
L

Lethalweapon100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9 Magnum
At the dealer or off the web.

Genuine Chrysler Accessories 4318001AD Combustion Chamber Cleaner

U must use two cans one is not enough.
Alright.

Just spray it straight into the intake? How is this supposed to help my compression?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
By de-carbonizing the motor you will get more accurate comp readings. 185 is to much and 145 is low so lets clean up the cambers and start again.

OP
OP
L

Lethalweapon100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9 Magnum
By de-carbonizing the motor you will get more accurate comp readings. 185 is to much and 145 is low so lets clean up the cambers and start again.
To be honest, I might save that until the problem makes itself apparent again. Its almost as if the problem has totally disappeared out of nowhere. Im not really worried about any future long term problems, to be honest, i dont intend to have this truck through college.

OP
OP
L

Lethalweapon100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9 Magnum

Hey Merc, I take back what I said. I've actually decided I may try to keep this truck through 4 years of college, I think i'm going to put in the money and time time before I go off to school in September. Even then, i'm majoring in heavy equipment, truck, and diesel repair so i'll have all my tools. Think of it this way: the truck is paid off.

I think ill pick up some cleaner next time I go to work and see what happens.

My problem has totally disappeared. No CEL, no popping, absolutely no power loss. Even rough idle is gone...just out of the blue.

Anyway...what do you think of this here?

Small Block Mopar 318 360 5 9 Magnum Aluminum Dual Plane Intake Satin Air Gap | eBay

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Hey Merc, I take back what I said. I've actually decided I may try to keep this truck through 4 years of college, I think i'm going to put in the money and time time before I go off to school in September. Even then, i'm majoring in heavy equipment, truck, and diesel repair so i'll have all my tools. Think of it this way: the truck is paid off.

I think ill pick up some cleaner next time I go to work and see what happens.

My problem has totally disappeared. No CEL, no popping, absolutely no power loss. Even rough idle is gone...just out of the blue.

Anyway...what do you think of this here?

Small Block Mopar 318 360 5 9 Magnum Aluminum Dual Plane Intake Satin Air Gap | eBay
Intake won't work.
A: carb intake
B: old LA block bolt pattern

OP
OP
L

Lethalweapon100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9 Magnum
Intake won't work.
A: carb intake
B: old LA block bolt pattern
Figured for that one, it didnt seem right. But ebay intakes...how reliable? What else will I need?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
You need an EFI intake. Options are the mopar m1 (discontinued but can someone's be find on ebay but you'll have better luck in Dakota R/T Classifieds on Facebook)
Or you can get the hughes airgap.

Most will prefer the m1 but it can be hard to find vs the aircrap being readily available

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Anyone checked with Ma Mopar to see if any M1 have been made? Ill try my dealer tomorrow and see whats up.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Calling the dealers will be like barking up a brick wall. They'll say "Whaaaa?"

OP
OP
L

Lethalweapon100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9 Magnum
Anyone checked with Ma Mopar to see if any M1 have been made? Ill try my dealer tomorrow and see whats up.

I haven't. I can call my dealer tomorrow too and see what they say

Calling the dealers will be like barking up a brick wall. They'll say "Whaaaa?"
I work at my dealer tues and thurs after school. Ill see if I can catch some of the older parts guys when I get there and see what they say.

OP
OP
L

Lethalweapon100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9 Magnum
My misfire came back with a vengance yesterday. Only code was P0301 Cyl 1 misfire. Threw a set of champ plugs in it and cleared the code, runs 100% now.

A lot of the guys at my work told me mopars are really picky about plugs. Guess they're right.