Dash cluster comes on and off with the trick off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royrxut13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 sport that will have the dash cluster come on for 25 seconds and then go off when the truck is off and doors locked. It recycles every 40 seconds. I was told it was a bad battery, then a bad alternator, but after replacing both it still happens.
It has ruined 2 batteries because it is basically turning on and off within minutes all night or day.
A post from 2022 said it might be a “Radio Frequency hub”. Anyone have anymore information on this?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
May or may not be related, my 2014 1500 Laramie lit up the dash like it was about to start. I was sitting in it, FOB in my pocket, waiting to give my daughter a ride home.

Truck was fully off and locked. About 15 minutes go by I hear a series of relays click on and the dash lights up, even the radio came on. Less than 60 seconds later it all turned off while I sat there dumbfounded, having never moved or touched a thing.

Wanted to take it into the dealer, but a few minutes later when I wanted to start the truck the EVIC said "fob not in vehicle" or whatever it says.

I went home and put 2 new batteries in each FOB, hasn't happened since.

I really should have them replaced. The remote start hasn't worked right in years and it occasionally won't lock or unlock.

Try new batteries, but like me, you might be due for a new set of fobs?
Good luck!

Firewalker135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Having same issue 2019 Rebel. At dealer once no repair yet. Work purchased new truck, same issue. Appears on going issue for awhile.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357