Daystar 1.5” poly leveling problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good evening guys, i installed a daystar poly lift on my truck today, and something does NOT seem right after i put the car back on the ground. It looks like the spring is wanting to come out the side, however there is really not much besides a thin piece of poly holding the spring in.

Can anyone else has installed THIS kit only, chime in, and maybe take a picture for me? Please see mine.

It does however ride fine, looks great and is quiet, but it is rather bothersome and Daystar provided no insight and said “just let it break in”

The pictures are taken with the truck on level ground. For reference, Everything was lined up properly with the truck in the air. The problem only really occurred when i dropped the truck back off the lift.

IMG_8547.JPGIMG_8546.JPGIMG_8545.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I had one on my 2015, it sat really weird, my installer even called Daystar. One thing, did they pull the factory spring bucket off or leave on?

OP
OP
M

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a link to the kit you bought.... that kinda looks like a spacer for the rear not the front. At least anything I can find online.

this is a rear kit: https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B001GH1LWM

this is for the front: https://www.suspensionconnection.co...mh3gyLuTo-YWmNdqzIt6OXCnFyzxzi2hoC8HwQAvD_BwE

That front kit you posted is for the 4wd. The 2wd uses a coil spring spacer that sits atop the coil spring like the rear kit you posted.

I had one on my 2015, it sat really weird, my installer even called Daystar. One thing, did they pull the factory spring bucket off or leave on?

I just checked after a short drive and it looks like the passenger spring has dislodged itself and is now sitting on the side of the spring bucket. I am looking for lift springs at this point!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Maxtrac has 2.5 springs for it. I have their 4.5/3" lift, LOVE it.....I used the Daystar first, rode terrible...with the Maxtrax kits, rides like OEM.

http://www.maxtracsuspension.com/

OP
OP
M

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maxtrac has 2.5 springs for it. I have their 4.5/3" lift, LOVE it.....I used the Daystar first, rode terrible...with the Maxtrax kits, rides like OEM.

http://www.maxtracsuspension.com/

I will check out the coils now. Problem is i don't want really more than 2" lift in the front. Wish they made a 2" spindle because I would be all over it.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That front kit you posted is for the 4wd. The 2wd uses a coil spring spacer that sits atop the coil spring like the rear kit you posted.

I just checked after a short drive and it looks like the passenger spring has dislodged itself and is now sitting on the side of the spring bucket. I am looking for lift springs at this point!

Oh, that explains it, didn't realize you had a 2wd truck.

OP
OP
M

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh, that explains it, didn't realize you had a 2wd truck.

Sorry, should have clarified.

I spoke with maxtrac and am going to purchase their spacer kit, as I like the design much better. It sits at the bottom

OP
OP
M

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wanted to follow up on this thread. Removed the ****** daystar product and put in the Traxda kit. I had the maxtrac spacer on hand, but just didn’t like the way it sat at the bottom of the coil. The traxda kit was great. Here is a picture of the same angle with the new spacer. IMG_8596.JPGIMG_8595.JPG

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
How are you liking the ride so far? OEM like?

Also, are you running Bilstein fronts or stock shocks?

Lastly, you install the 1" rear spacer too?

OP
OP
M

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How are you liking the ride so far? OEM like?

Also, are you running Bilstein fronts or stock shocks?

Lastly, you install the 1" rear spacer too?

Ride is fine, granted i drive race cars so my tolerance is much higher than the average human being. But i have no complaints, i remember installing lift struts (5100’s to 3”) on my old Tacoma and the ride was god awful. This is much better. The only time i can really tell is when i feel the rebound of the spring retract going over small speed bumps too quickly.

I have Bilstein 4600’s oem type, all around. Traxda gave me a “shock spacer” which i didn’t wind up using because if my geometry is telling me right it would effectively make the shock shorter? It installed between the shock shaft shoulder and the lower (upper) bushing.

Didn’t make sense to me to install it and at full retraction of the shock, i had 3mm of clearance between my control arm and spring bucket.

No rear 1” spacer, i am only on 33.5” tires, so i didn’t want to lift the rear. I am .5” lower in the front still. I do have Airbags in my rear springs which give me a .5-.8” lift when filled to 20-25PSI. I use them for towing.

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Ride is fine, granted i drive race cars so my tolerance is much higher than the average human being. But i have no complaints, i remember installing lift struts (5100’s to 3”) on my old Tacoma and the ride was god awful. This is much better. The only time i can really tell is when i feel the rebound of the spring retract going over small speed bumps too quickly.

I have Bilstein 4600’s oem type, all around. Traxda gave me a “shock spacer” which i didn’t wind up using because if my geometry is telling me right it would effectively make the shock shorter? It installed between the shock shaft shoulder and the lower (upper) bushing.

Didn’t make sense to me to install it and at full retraction of the shock, i had 3mm of clearance between my control arm and spring bucket.

No rear 1” spacer, i am only on 33.5” tires, so i didn’t want to lift the rear. I am .5” lower in the front still. I do have Airbags in my rear springs which give me a .5-.8” lift when filled to 20-25PSI. I use them for towing.

Thanks for all the detail. Much appreciated !!!

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd

Thanks for all the detail. Much appreciated !!!