Dealer Quotes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning!
I am letting a dealer service center deal with my truck. (Long story.)
They quoted me $8,300 to replace all lifters and camshaft!!!
I realize that it's Hawaii, and EVERYTHING here is expensive but that's a bit extreme.... (in my opinion.)
Has anybody else had this done at a chrysler/jeep/dodge service center? And if so, are these guys way out of line?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure how it is there however avoid dealers for all major work unless its under warranty try to find a local shop or it will be way over priced personally here I do camshaft jobs for $2300.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, thats way overpriced…I have no clue on how much parts would cost shipping there, but definitely not that. All in for parts is usually under $2500 from my research and this varies with what mfg & oem vs performance.

OP
OP
Gator Whiskers
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure how it is there however avoid dealers for all major work unless its under warranty try to find a local shop or it will be way over priced personally here I do camshaft jobs for $2300.
I usually do avoid stealerships, but there are very few mechanics here that deal with anything other than routine, high-volume stuff. (oil changes, brakes, belts...)
Parts were just under $3K to get the oem stuff shipped here, including a new timjng chain and gaskets and whatnot