Dealership installed drag links wrong, clunking now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pods8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pissed at the local dealership right now and curious what advice folks have as I need my truck fixed ASAP and don't want to get shafted legally on making the dealership pay for their screw up. I will be hunting this weekend and really don't desire me steering to come unglued going through a canyon or such.

I had gotten the left tierod recall on my 2007 Dodge 2500, I figured it didn't apply to me since I had done the T-link (aka 2009+) upgrade to my truck already, well they claimed it sill applied. When I dropped it off my steering was tuned just fine going into the dealer, ran true. Left there with it pulling right and steering wheel orientation jacked. They "adjusted the toe" but it obviously wasn't on a rack so how well can you adjust the toe?!?!

SO I take the thing back and tell them to fix it. I leave and its running mostly right and wheel is mostly centered but it definately wasn't as nice as when I took it in. Smash cut to a few weeks later and after after some canyon and gravel roads I have a hollow popping sound coming from my front end. So I slide under to take a look with my kiddo cranking the wheel back and forth...

****'n hacks left my drag link joints out of alignment which is a major screw up and trashes them out I even have the dang recall procedure on my computer for the T-link steering stating it (see below). Well now you can feel clicking for sure in the inner link, outter link, and almost feels like passenger tierod (but that could be vibrations from the outter link inches away).

So needless to say I'm damn mad with the dealer. In my mind this bill is on them but I sure as **** don't want them touching my truck again, so what's the correct path here? Adivse them with the below photos/bulliten and copies of the two different dealer statements via email with corporate CC'd and inform them a third party will be inspecting/repairing it and they will be getting the bill? Advice?

The below photos show what the inner link looks like when the otter link is aligned:

Recall_zps6ea02061.jpg

56B7AFA3-0317-4A46-BD8B-1A2814773CE6_zpsdgszile0.jpg

4FD458C0-9490-47D4-889A-73F26FFE3550_zpsbpcnjuvb.jpg

3A8DCC2B-45AF-43ED-A90C-4A22D4859EF2_zps58wcummy.jpg