Debadging apprehension. ={

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mugster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it really that simple to debadge? I'm ever so worried I might damage the paint.

Small Block LSX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's easy as pie. I debadged my truck within a few hours of owning it and have done so on nearly every vehicle I've owned. In the past, I used fishing line and kept the line closer to the badge and did a "back and forth" type cutting motion. What is left over is the adhesive which is really easy to peel off. You can rub with your thumb, grab a corner, and peel, etc. Once there isn't much left you can use WD-40 or GooGone and a microfiber and wipe the rest off.

This time, I did the same process, but used a special detailing pad that removes adhesive and my friend helped me. The pad actually felt like a hard rubber and I cringed while he used it on my new truck. No scratches, no blemishes, and it made for a quick job.

Depending on how old the truck is you may have some "ghosting" from the badges as the sun has slightly faded the clear on other areas of the truck.

Good luck and post pictures when you complete it!

Small Block LSX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you really are scared you can also pay a body shop. I've had one car done at a body shop and they charged me $25.00 and were done in less than 30 minutes. They used the exact same process that I did on my RAM with the same style adhesive wheel remover.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
its real simple, especially if you use an eraser wheel to get rid of the left over adhesive.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I usually seem to have the worst luck when I try to work on my vehicle, but even I managed to do this easily, just took a while haha. Just make sure to use good strong fishing line if thats the route you take, I accidentally got weak stuff and that was my biggest slowdown

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I didnt have the best luck with an eraser wheel. But some strong fishing line and a heat gun made it fairly painless.
I would advise against the spray removers like 3m it scratched the paint like crazy on my bike when I tried it. To remove the goo on the truck I heated it up and used finger nails.

Don't forget to wax/seal where the emblems were.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
really easy...and it looks better too.

PAtoOH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When peeling up the adhesive from behind the lettering, lift up and pull it as if you are stretching each letter. It comes up almost like those "command" sticky hooks. Peeling back just rips and leaves a lot of scraping and cleanup. Learned that one the hard way. I just used rubbing alcohol and it got rid off all of the adhesive.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I actually used the 3M spray adhesive remover. Wasn't that bad. Sprayed it on, let it sit, wiped with a microfiber towel. Repeated the same steps a few time until it was all removed. I didn't want to scrub it off, so I wiped and buffed lightly. Once it was all removed, I waxed it.

Bigboy0207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Brotha my girl who Neva has touched a csr in her life did one side of my badge cause she was bored watching. It's a piece of cake. Don't pay someone you'll be fine take your time be patient and do it right. It's simple

marksblaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So, I go out to debadge my new 2013 Ram and the first thing I go for after the deempaler sticker is the big Ram in the middle of the tailgate.........Got it off fine to find that it has holes in the tailgate for the locator pins to go in....Who would have thought they would use this method?? I got lucky and was able to stick it back on with the torn sticky backing tape.. I chickened out on the rest until I heal from the shock of the first attempt! Mark

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So, I go out to debadge my new 2013 Ram and the first thing I go for after the deempaler sticker is the big Ram in the middle of the tailgate.........Got it off fine to find that it has holes in the tailgate for the locator pins to go in....Who would have thought they would use this method?? I got lucky and was able to stick it back on with the torn sticky backing tape.. I chickened out on the rest until I heal from the shock of the first attempt! Mark

The rear Rams head is the only badge on the truck with line up holes. Rest come off no problem. Everyone leaves the ram head on. Sorry nobody told ya that.

I just did my 2011 and had no issues. Truck has 55000km to.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've debadged everything except the two ram emblems in the front and rear. Everything else goes smoothly and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Watch some videos about it and read a lot of the threads on here about what others have used and you'll be just fine.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just painted my front and rear emblems. The rear one I just taped off. I didn't want to mess with it. The grill one un-snaps from the grill very easily.

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm toying with removing the Ram 1500 badges on my new R/T. Being a regular cab I think it will look better but I don't want it to look too plain.

OP
OP
Mugster

Mugster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally debadged. I must say I really like this look much better than those huge badges. :happy3:

Attachments

• IMG-20140108-00031.jpg
    IMG-20140108-00031.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,501
  • Kitchener-20140108-00034.jpg
    Kitchener-20140108-00034.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 237

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I have a R/ T and she looks a lot better naked! Pull those badges off man!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rskew