Different lift question 4" + lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Okay, we all know how the front is lifted when going 4" or more - control arm & diff drop brackets and knuckles. But the rear seems to be just springs or spacers. So my question is, how is the rear suspension geometry addressed?

I've looked over the parts list for BDS, Zone, and RCX and didn't see adjustable upper/lower control arms or CA relocation brackets listed. The only lift that seems to address this is Superlift. I know with a longer wheel base, the driveline angles are not severely effected, but the pinion angle changes as does the driveline angles. Has anyone had and DL vibrations or CV joints wear out prematurely?

Also, I don't see an adjustable panhard bar or relocation bracket listed. When the axle droops or is moved further away from the truck (as in lifting it), the axle shifts towards the side the panhard bar mounts to the frame. So do any of the kits recenter the axle?

I'm probably over analyzing things since I haven't run across any threads complaining of these issues. But these were all issues addressed with Jeep lifts - albeit probably due to the shorter wheel base of the Jeep that exacerbates the issues.

Someone set me straight.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think most kits come with control arms. I could be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Superlift, Zone and BDS use brackets for the rear suspension attachment points, though I am not sure if all points are relocated with Zone & BDS. From what I can tell, RCX just uses spacers in the rear and maybe links for the sway bar. It's been awhile but these were the items I was looking over when shopping for lifts.

Last edited:

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
All proper lift kits will come either with either longer control arms or relocation brackets. They also come with a drop brackets for the track bar. Geometry is definitely addressed in a proper lift kit...