Display hub failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wmivey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2018 Ram 1500 that has a display issue. It failed, briefly, when the truck was 2 months old. I ignored it because it worked the next day just fine. A few months later, it occurred again. It became more frequent over time. It took months to schedule an appointment with the dealer. I am now on my fourth display. When it fails, the truck looses almost all functionality outside of the instrument cluster. (The outside air temp fails on even that). There is no AC, no heat, no radio, blue tooth, seat heat, steering wheel heat, temperature control, backup camera etc. It takes away most of the items you pay all the money for and a couple of essentials when the weather is extreme. I've made 15 visits to the dealer and had four Star cases opened with absolutely no help. The truck has only 30,000 miles on it and it has become nothing but a headache. I took it to a new dealer, at the request of my case representative, just a couple of weeks ago. After explaining my issue to the service rep, he said, "you want my advise". I said, "I'm all ears". He said, "trade the truck in". Well, I don't know if I want another Ram considering the treatment I've received. The prices are considerably higher than when I purchased this one. Well, I'm looking for ideas, help in resolving the issue or any thoughts on what I can do. I appreciate anyone with some wisdom for me to consider. Thanks for the help.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Has the radio ever been replaced?

Members online

Forum statistics