DIY Retrofitters... Has anyone tried the Profile Pivot Universal DRL Switchback LED Boards??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So normally when I build lights for other people, they want either the DRL boards for their OEM light style, or they want to use LED Tubes/Strips, so I have never had a chance to use these yet. When I do personal retrofit builds, I like to try new products and different techniques to learn and see how products compare to others.

So, my question is, has anyone used these before?
profile_pivot_switchback_sequential_universal_led_drl_boards_1.jpg

I recently got a set of the AlphaRex/ModifyStreet V1 "2019" Style headlights and I plan to open them up and customize them. I was going to use some sort of RGB setup but decided to go with sequential switchbacks. Obviously they do not make any replacement DRL boards for these lights as they are aftermarket so anything I do will have to be custom.

So I want the entire bottom bar of the headlights to be fully covered in White/Amber light when its lit, so if I went with the Profile Pivot Sequential Switchback Strips, at 12" each, I would want 2 12" strips for the bottom DRL section on each headlight and 1 12" strip in the top DRL section of each headlight. Now if i went this route, i would have 6 LED Drivers, 3 on each headlight, which seems outragous. Not to mention it will cost me $255 for 6 12" Profile Pivot Sequential Switchback Strips, which just seems like an absurd amount for what it is.

Now, this is exactly why I want to try out the Universal DRL Boards from Profile Pivot. It would cost me $156 for 32 single LED boards, and 2 Sequential Drivers. So to start it off, id only have 1 Driver per headlight versus the 3 per headlight if I used the strips. Next, I would have 16 single led boards for each headlight, and I would use 10 on the bottom row and 6 on the top row. I would either 3D print a custom piece to mount them on, or build some sort of custom piece. But im thinking this is the cheaper route to go, and the 10 leds on the bottom row and the 6 on the top row should be plenty, and having only 1 controller per side will be a huge cutback on wires and extra stuff to deal with/mount.

What I really want to know is has anyone used these before? How bright are they? How well does the sequential action work? Is it smooth or "jumping"? Can the led's be seen in direct sunlight?

Any photos of install + in action would be amazing and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

TLDR:
- Installing sequential switchbacks in 2019 style AlphaRex Lights
- Profile Pivot Seq. Switchback Strips: 6 12" strips = $255 - 3 LED Drivers per light
- Profile Pivot Universal Seq. Switchbk DRL Boards: 32 LED Boards = $156 - 1 LED Driver per light
- Please share any experience you may have with the Profile Pivot Universal DRL Boards.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
nobody has tried these yet? I guess i will try posting on HIDplanet.