Dodge off road products on the Power Wagon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hi community,

I am researching for some upgrades and wondering if there are any insights on the Dodge Off Road brand. Specifically, I’m looking at their adjustable rear track bar and steering brace for my 2019 Power Wagon. Ultimately, I’ll be adding a Thuren kit but I don’t like there rear track bar because it isn't adjustable and the extra weight on my truck will sag the suspension and off center the rear axle.

Thoughts please on quality, I’ve read good and bad about their fab and delivery times. I don’t really care about that, I can wait weeks or months, I care about quality and will the product last getting flexed out rock crawling or wheeling 2-3 times a month.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed a thuren on a buddy’s 2020 pw and it neither sagged the truck or offset the axle. Not cheap but he said it helped a bunch.

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
I installed the DOR steering brace. Quality is very good. Shipping was fast (was in stock when i ordered it). Installation was pretty easy and it really tightened up the front end. Before the brace, the truck would wander down the road like a drunk squirrel. After the brace it tracks straight and requires a lot less correction on the steering wheel.

OP
OP
JamesgPW

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I installed a thuren on a buddy’s 2020 pw and it neither sagged the truck or offset the axle. Not cheap but he said it helped a bunch.
I have about 900 lbs worth of add on armor/sliders, fuel/water, and recovery gear. The Thuren rear coils are soft rate and designed to basically maintain the OEM rear height at factory weight. Their rear track bar is designed to center the axle at the OEM height. Once I install the coils under the Factory+ 900lbs weight, my rear suspension is going to compress about 3/4”. This will put the normal riding height 3/4” lower than OEM meaning the axle will be off center since the Thuren track bar is designed to center at OEM height.

Once I install my Thuren coils, I want adjustable front and rear track bars so I can dial them in to the actual ride height my truck will normally be at.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have about 900 lbs worth of add on armor/sliders, fuel/water, and recovery gear. The Thuren rear coils are soft rate and designed to basically maintain the OEM rear height at factory weight. Their rear track bar is designed to center the axle at the OEM height. Once I install the coils under the Factory+ 900lbs weight, my rear suspension is going to compress about 3/4”. This will put the normal riding height 3/4” lower than OEM meaning the axle will be off center since the Thuren track bar is designed to center at OEM height.

Once I install my Thuren coils, I want adjustable front and rear track bars so I can dial them in to the actual ride height my truck will normally be at.
my buddy's 2020 power wagon tipped the scales at over 9100lbs and his axle was centered and his ride height probably 1-2" lower than oem. 1/2" from centered is nothing, if you think about how your axle is going side to side as you drive off road continually. nothing the ***** eye will notice.

OP
OP
JamesgPW

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
my buddy's 2020 power wagon tipped the scales at over 9100lbs and his axle was centered and his ride height probably 1-2" lower than oem. 1/2" from centered is nothing, if you think about how your axle is going side to side as you drive off road continually. nothing the ***** eye will notice.

Can I ask what Thuren coils he used? Dropping 2” of height seems like a step backwards.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can I ask what Thuren coils he used? Dropping 2” of height seems like a step backwards.
his were stock coils. he only added the track bar. I was saying with his load he was 1-2" lower than he was when it was stock ie no load rsi topper/decked system/james Baroad rtt etc

OP
OP
JamesgPW

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ok
his were stock coils. he only added the track bar. I was saying with his load he was 1-2" lower than he was when it was stock ie no load rsi topper/decked system/james Baroad rtt etc
Ok thanks!

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
There were major issues with DOR going on into the Pandemic. Not sure of it has been resolved. Owner was unresponsive to email or calls. Paid orders unfulfilled. All documented in another Power Wagon forum, and maybe here if searched for.

I'm running one of his 4th GEN steering brace, while it mounts differently than most, it is well made and I have had no issues. I called/emailed on other products and never heard back. I see their Web site has been updated, so if they are open for business it is news to me. As I recall, they do most of the fab in house, so lead times could be long. I gave up on DOR long ago.

IF you are going to haul heavy, not talking exceeding payload, I'd leave the OE springs on rear and run Thuren's up front only, if you want to be level. Yes, the truck rear end will sag like a 1/2 T as it is and with Thuren coils on back even more so. The Thuren rear track bar is fixed length and can be ran with OE or Thuren spring, The rear axle is still centered.

The front is a different matter. With Thuren 1.5 springs and the Thuren track bar pre-set length may push the axle left/right (or it's centered). IMO, it's a PITA to get it adjusted to re-center the axle. Others have said trying to perfectly center could cause the coil bucket to strike the frame, which is confusing if you think about it. I talked to Thuren and the issue is the track bar could strike the differential. I haven't experienced that, but than again I don't thrash the truck off road or go places where extreme articulation would occur. I can't recall what a full turn of the heim moves the axle left or right, but it's not much, maybe 1/16th to an 1/8th inch. If you install the bar at pre-set length, measure the axle off-set, split the difference, remove the bar and adjust the heim (very important the jamb nut is super tight; at least 200 ft/lbs), re-install, and should be centered or close to it. The chassis and suspension have slight variations when assembled thus not perfect. The front track bar adjustment never exceed 39 3/8 or the heim will fail because minimum of threaded shaft into the bar has been exceeded. Lastly, re-center steering wheel by adjusting the drag link.

akguy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DOR has had issues even before the pandemic, its ongoing with that company. Just do research and you will see