Dodge ram spits flames

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luis tucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ****** up in my rebuild I believe or a valve is stuck but either way. It resulted in a no start fire breather so I uploaded a video on YouTube .Dodge ram 2004 4.7 flames from throttle body.

RamCreeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dang that sucks. Hopefully its a quick fix and you dont have to tear it down again.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Timing or stuck intake valve would be my guess. Hopefully you get it figured out.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Did you rebuild the motor? If yes, you may have screwed up the timing. That motor seems to be completely out of time. Not even close to starting. Are you absolutely , 100% sure your timing marks on the cam gear and the crank are alligned properly?I think not. Do you get a goot shot of fuel when you mash the throttle? If so, it ain't a lack of fuel problem. Don't keep cranking it, all you're doing is letting fuel run down past the rings into your oil. Check that as well. May already be contaminated with gas. If so, dump it asap because if there is a bunch of gas in the oil, you'll score the cylinders AND everything below the rings is a potential bomb! :). Spark above rings, fuel below = maybe big $$$ Boom. Pull the timing cover off and check allignment of marks. ****, just realized its an older truck!, Do you have tha spark plug wires on in the right order? If so, did you start counting on the right distributor hole? (Ask me how I know that). Let us know.