Does lowering your truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

casper3277

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if you lower your truck will the dealership void your warranty???

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
A dealership can only deny a warranty job if they can prove that the lowering kit was a direct cause of the failure. Otherwise, it will not void your warranty.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Unless you're in Canada, then they can void parts of the warranty at their own whim.

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I will be doing this soon and I am aware of the Moss-Magnusson act but have anyone on here ever had grief from the dealer because of a lowering kit?

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on what your having issues with. Anything to do with steering or suspension and you might catch some crap from them.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also depends on the dealership, alot of dealships around me actually do liufts and lowering kits on new vehicles and sell with manuf. warranty.

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Also depends on the dealership, alot of dealships around me actually do liufts and lowering kits on new vehicles and sell with manuf. warranty.

yeah, I was actually thinking about going to a local dealer and to see if they would install a lowering kit so I wouldn't get any crap for having it...lol. Does Mopar offer a lowering kit? I looked but couldn't find one....

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah, I was actually thinking about going to a local dealer and to see if they would install a lowering kit so I wouldn't get any crap for having it...lol. Does Mopar offer a lowering kit? I looked but couldn't find one....

I don't believe they do. But any reputable shop can do it without worry of warranty issues if your running a off the shelf "proven" kit.
I have a Beltech drop on mine and just had my rear diff come apart and they didn't even bat an eye. took care of it with no problems.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stands to reason if you go into the dealer claiming your stock shocks are blown with any type of drop your claim will be denied!