Does my 2500's Dana 70 have a 'Power-Lok' LSD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lloydh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
I have a '96 2500 V10 (auto) and by looking up the number stamped on the diff cover (605787) I've worked out that I have a Dana 70 rear axle.

I vaguely recall the salesman mentioning that the truck had an optional LSD (this was over 10 years ago) but I'm the truck's second owner and I don't have any records.

I've read that for 1996 models with the Dana 70 there was a 'Power-Lok' option - is there any easy way of finding out if my truck has this?

I'm about to swap out the diff oil and need to know whether a friction modifier is necessary.

Thanks.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You can go to any dodge dealer and have them run the VIN and get a build sheet. It will tell you everything it had from the factory. If you know the truck is 100% stock then you can use the build sheet as a n inventory of parts.

Georges98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you put it on a lift or stand, and spin one wheel, the other wheel should go in the same direction, if is a posi. if its not it will spin opposite of the spun wheel.

That's worked for me before dont know if it applies here.

George