Does this appear to be repairable or totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vaterpsfan87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was struck by an intoxicated driver on Friday. Thankfully we were uninjured and okay. However, just trying to get a general idea if these appears to be fixable or totaled? I have a 2019 classic crew cab with 80k on it. The driver was going about a 100 I was traveling at highway speed, he lost control spun out right into the rear end. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
V

Vaterpsfan87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hard to say dont know if the frame is bent.. That will be a insurance company call
Yeah that’s the million dollar question I’m sure and figured as much. Insurance has been contacted just a waiting game at this point.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
None of us could really tell you. Like others said if the frame is fine. Bed/tail gate/bumper.
There are shops that can fix minor frame, not that I would I keep it if had frame issue.

Last edited:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When my salesman called and said my truck was ready, I left in less than an hour to have my wife take me the 40 minutes to the dealership to get it. Before I got there, one of the mechanics drove around the corner of their shop and ran into the side of the bed on the driver's side. They replaced the entire bed, and for my trouble waiting the extra week they gave me the spray-in bedliner and 5th-wheel prep package for free.

Attachments

• Oops1.jpeg
    Oops1.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Oops2.jpeg
    Oops2.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 24

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When my salesman called and said my truck was ready, I left in less than an hour to have my wife take me the 40 minutes to the dealership to get it. Before I got there, one of the mechanics drove around the corner of their shop and ran into the side of the bed on the driver's side. They replaced the entire bed, and for my trouble waiting the extra week they gave me the spray-in bedliner and 5th-wheel prep package for free.
Glad they took care of you. As long as the dealer fixed your truck to your specifications. And didn’t charge you for the loaner. Your satisfaction is what matters for their screw up

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Glad they took care of you. As long as the dealer fixed your truck to your specifications. And didn’t charge you for the loaner. Your satisfaction is what matters for their screw up
Didn't need a loaner as I still had my other truck and didn't sell it until after I was in possession of this one.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fact that you were moving may have prevented the frame from damage, looks like complete bed, tailgate, taillight assy, bumper.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was struck by an intoxicated driver on Friday. Thankfully we were uninjured and okay. However, just trying to get a general idea if these appears to be fixable or totaled? I have a 2019 classic crew cab with 80k on it. The driver was going about a 100 I was traveling at highway speed, he lost control spun out right into the rear end. Thanks in advance.
First thing is if any of the spring/axle connection points are messed up. Second need to get it in a frame machine and follow their findings. Also, connection points for bed could be affected. Getting hit at 100mph release a lot of energy onto your truck, I wouldn't be that surprised if it does get totalled if there is a lot of unseen damage.

If they decide to fix it, get it in writing that you can take it to another frame shop for spec after the repair. Frames can be fixed to better than when purchased, I am an example of that. But I wouldn't accept the truck until they sent to another shop. At least make them re-rack it after all is fixed. You might have to pay, but worth the cost.

Glad you are okay, and good luck.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I doubt frame damage, depending on if the bed floor was damaged they would order a new pass bed side skin and drill the spotwelds and replace. new bumper etc. Where it will get interesting is if the bottom of the bed is damaged and the bumper mounting points and if that translated to the frame at all.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

how's your back? my son got rear ended once and thought no big deal....a few years later he's got back problems, and too late to complain about it. You might feel ok now, but, at least have it looked at.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What others have said about the bent frame ..... It doesn't take much to knock things awry these days. I was witness to a "hit and run" by an old guy in a parking lot a while back, at first glance, the truck that was hit looked ok but upon closer inspection, the back was shoved over to the right. The old boy had hit the trailer hitch which one would think is strong, It isn't!
Get it check by a competent body repair shop.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
As the saying goes, JB weld and send it!

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d take it to a frame shop before the ins looks at it. Because ins seems to be more than happy to total these days. Even if the frame is ok. I’ve had a couple vehicles ins said frame was bent. Frame shop said they were not. Also how much do you like the truck . And are you in a place $$ for more payments.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
No airbag deployment? If so I'd bet they have it repaired. Airbag deployment totals vehicles in a lot of cases. Even when it doesn't look too bad.

RickH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had a similar accident about 4 years ago but at much lower speed, but what looks to be similar damage. The frame was not bent as all the damage was absorbed by the sheet metal and bumper. $5300 later, good as new, everything lined up properly and functioned as new, 100% all on the other drivers insurance. What is most important is that you are OK.