Door panels shake like crazy over bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan Klein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
When driving, my front door panels will shake like CRAZY when I go over a big bump, manhole cover, pothole and even minor imperfections on the road. It had me under the illusion that the suspension was shakey, but all the shake has been isolated to just the front 2 door panels. How do I fix this? Can I shove some foam in the points where the door panel contacts the inner skin? This problem is extremely annoying and the shaking is very loud and you can see the doors shake. I've found myself disappointed many times with the quality of the 3rd gen interiors, regardless of year or trim.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Foam tape around the perimeter can help and make them a tighter fit. Also check your clips in case any are missing/broken.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Foam tape works, I’ve also used felt with tape backing and just plain double stick tape with some of that bubbly paper on it.

Take everything out of the door panel pockets too. They’re hard plastic and anything in them will make noise.

4_quarter_ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just bought my 1st RAM a couple of days ago and came across the same problem. Every bump = shaking door panel. The door itself is secure, but the panel has a lot of play in it. I came up with a different solution to the foam and it seems to be working well. I popped out the plastic retaining clips and noticed that the holes in the door panel are much larger than the clips, hence all the movement. I stopped by home depot and bought some rubber o-rings and neoprene washers to take up that extra space (part #s in photo). The door is very secure and looks exactly like it originally did. The best part is that I did not need to remove the door panel...just the plastic fasteners.

20190718_115432.jpg

20190718_114844.jpg

20190718_122926.jpg

20190718_123003.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca