DRLs enabled in AlphaOBD and worked but quit working after enabling SRT mode. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck came with quads but I installed alpharex headlights with DRL strips, added the pins and wires to the plug under the fusebox, connected them to the DRL wires coming out of the headlights, and enabled them in AlphaOBD. I tested them and DRLs worked just as they should. When in drive they were on, in park they were not, and dropout worked when putting on the blinkers. Never happy leaving well enough alone, I played around in AlphaOBD and changed the start up display in the instrument cluster to show 'Sport' and enabled SRT mode to get the additional SRT backgrounds for the radio. It appears that this caused the DRLs to stop working. I have now turned off the SRT mode,and have been running the truck for a week and the DRLs have not started working again. I also double checked the DRL settings and they are as follows: CBC Features - DRL Configuration = Optional DRL, CBC Features - DRL Lamp Location = Dedicated, CBC Features - DRL Dropout Enabled = Yes, CBC Features - LED Dedicated DRL Present = Yes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the DRLs working again?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know there a way to add the ability to turn the DRLs On/Off through the 8.4 radio, it's possible that option was turned off in the background?
my $0.02 guess

OP
OP

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know there a way to add the ability to turn the DRLs On/Off through the 8.4 radio, it's possible that option was turned off in the background?
my $0.02 guess
Actually, when I originally got the DRLs working I did not have the option to turn them On/Off in the radio. When I went back in with AlphaOBD and enabled SRT I also added the option so i could turn the DRLs from the radio. It was definitely on the whole time. When I was trying to 'put things back' I disabled SRT and also took the DRL radio option back out as well. I have now checked the DRL setting with Alpha a couple of times since then.

OP
OP

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For anyone that may have this happen, I fixed it by leaving the battery unhooked overnight. After I hooked it back up the DRLs worked as they should. It seems like it didn't like it when I unable to SRT. I bet if I would have selected SRT light bar for location that might have worked as well. Thanks