Lighting help for custom DRL operation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I have a set of aftermarket LED fog lights that have DRL‘s in them and I have a set of white LED strip lights with amber turn signals in them and if it’s at all possible, I’d really like to hook these up in such a way so that they won’t turn on until the engine is started, but I would also like them to turn off when I turn the headlights on. How would I go about doing that?

Right now I just have the white DRL wires in the strip lights and the white DRL wires in my fog lights tapped into the Dedicated DRL wire that used to go to the right and left side headlights and, they work great but having them hooked up this way only allows them to turn on after the engine is started and I take the transmission out of park. It’s fine that they turn off when I turn the headlights on.

Before I got the new fog lights and just had the strip lights, the way I had those hooked up was basically using a fuse tap in my fuse box to where they were on a circuit that was only live after the engine was running which was awesome but they also stayed on even though the headlights were on.

How would I go about hooking these up so that they turn on once the engine starts but turn off as soon as I turn the headlights on? Thanks.