Dual exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey all,

Decided once I get settled into the semester and I make sure I can cover my bills that I'm going to use some of my money from the summer and invest in duals.

I was looking at the Flowmaster American Thunder cat back and found it for a little cheaper than list.

Today I found the Dynomax Super Turbo cat back for even cheaper.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought on either of these cat backs or other ideas you'd have for me.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The Flowmaster kit will be louder, but will drone like a mother. Dynomax Super Turbos are mild, but can get rowdy when you're hard in the throttle.

OP
OP
WildWilly

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The Flowmaster kit will be louder, but will drone like a mother. Dynomax Super Turbos are mild, but can get rowdy when you're hard in the throttle.

Where do they start to drone? And how mild is "mild?" haha. I kind of want her to roar.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I don't know anything about Dynomax, but the Flowmaster catbacks for our trucks use Super 50s.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Where do they start to drone? And how mild is "mild?" haha. I kind of want her to roar.

This uses the same muffler you're looking at for the Dynomax kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP-4Kl-bPQc

Obviously a lot older...and more cubes, but the same mufflers. :Moon:

I hear the FMs drone like a mother in highway cruising range of 17-2300 rpm. lol

OP
OP
WildWilly

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This uses the same muffler you're looking at for the Dynomax kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP-4Kl-bPQc

Obviously a lot older...and more cubes, but the same mufflers. :Moon:

I hear the FMs drone like a mother in highway cruising range of 17-2300 rpm. lol

That's a pretty good sound and it sounds nice and responsive. Sounds nice at idle too.

Idk. The mechanic that I've inevitably made friends with up here has the American Thunder cat back and I plan on talking to him more in depth on his experience with it.

Definitely like the sound of the Dynomax though!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That's a pretty good sound and it sounds nice and responsive. Sounds nice at idle too.

Idk. The mechanic that I've inevitably made friends with up here has the American Thunder cat back and I plan on talking to him more in depth on his experience with it.

Definitely like the sound of the Dynomax though!

Yeah, it quiets down quite a bit. Worse comes to worse, you get the Dynomax kit and decide you don't like it. The mufflers are 18in long oval housing units. Pretty standard, so you get put it whatever you like if you don't like the turbos.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Get a flow master super 44 muffler and thats all you need. Go single in and dual out and give it a little time to break in and you will be loving it. Best sounding exhaust for the money out there. However, I've also been impressed with dual cherry bombs. Either one of those imo would be best.