Easy Upgrades for Beginners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Layercakesss29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Hey guys,

First time owner, long time leasee of Rams. I purchased my first Ram yesterday and I’m going to start a list of things to upgrade for better overall quality and longevity of my truck. Truth be told, I’ve never been a “car guy” and I’m not the most mechanically inclined (specific to cars). But, I want a nice vehicle that I own and I want to make my vehicle a great, long-term driver.

So, my question is: what would be some things you would do, off the rip, to help enhance your truck? I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock with a 5.7L V8 and roughly 36k miles. I know this is specific to engine, but I’m open to hearing all opinions! Cheers!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey guys,

First time owner, long time leasee of Rams. I purchased my first Ram yesterday and I’m going to start a list of things to upgrade for better overall quality and longevity of my truck. Truth be told, I’ve never been a “car guy” and I’m not the most mechanically inclined (specific to cars). But, I want a nice vehicle that I own and I want to make my vehicle a great, long-term driver.

So, my question is: what would be some things you would do, off the rip, to help enhance your truck? I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock with a 5.7L V8 and roughly 36k miles. I know this is specific to engine, but I’m open to hearing all opinions! Cheers!
Run a good quality oil and filter,and change it at no more then 5,000 miles. A hemi can benefit from a catch can to,helps keep the throttle body/intake manifold etc, cleaner. Run a top tier 89 octane fuel,and keep up with the rest of the maintence items like fluid changes in the diff/diffs /transmission etc.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys,

Welcome to ownership, have fun is the best thing to do with your upgrades. Your vehicle is a 4th gen so you should look through there.

On my 2500 I added running boards, a new trifold hard cover, a factory overhead console, the 8.4 radio, fog lights with factory switch, and side molding.

If you are doing any electrical upgrades M²Mods in vendor section is great to work with. Benny in same section All Mopar Parts also is incredibly helpful. Good luck.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good maintenance, tires, steps if you like them, topper or cover are my biggest concerns. Bedliner is the cherry on top. I went with a topper and a bed rug. Love it.

You can always add options you want like fogs trailer brakes if you wish

If you are towing, watch the weight and payload when adding mods.