Edge 2800 Torque Converter Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So to start I ordered my TC through Moe's Performance a few weeks ago and had it built and shipped within the week which was awesome but just had it installed yesterday by American Transmission Center who had it done and in 1 working day ready for pick up this morning, these guys were great to deal with by the way. I was going to install myself but just ran out of time and wanted it done so the best price I could find was 475$ and I supplied the parts and fluid, everywhere else I went was 560 or above.

It has been raining all day so I can't get a real good feel for it but have to say the shifting feels smooth when your not laying into it, almost feels smoother than stock. I tried flooring it at different speeds to see if it would connect but gave up at 50mph cause she kept going sideways so I will wait till I get a nice day to test it out. This truck is way to fun in the rain even with Traction Control on.

Want to send out a thanks to Matt and Moe's for this piece and cant wait to get out there and test this out!

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How is it as far as everyday driving goes. Notice any difference as far as city driving in traffic as far as normal acceleration from red light to red light not flooring it?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I'm excited to see what you think once the roads dry up. The off the line performance is going to be night and day better than before.

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
I love my edge2800..I would put 1 in even if i never raced the truck.The everyday driving is 10x better compared to the stock converter..It isn't like a real high stall where it slips like crazy in city driving..It flashes up just enough to get you moving where before it felt like you had to give it half throttle to do somthing..Gotta love drivebywire lol.I agree also about Matt and Moes..He has top notch customer service!!
Charles

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I can see me adding this as a mod to my truck in the future. Feeding this addiction can get expensive, but is so worth it :headbang:

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Well if I ever get down to Virginia Beach I may have to give ATC a ring. No way I'm going to find a price like that in the Occupied Territories of North'un Virginia.

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea I can see me adding this as a mod to my truck in the future. Feeding this addiction can get expensive, but is so worth it :headbang:

It would be my 1st mod lol..You won't regret it..Do you ever tow anything?If you pull anything heavy I'd go with the 2600..Pulling my 16ft trailer with 2 4wheelers on it the truck like to stay in the 2900-3000 range in the city driving slow but is fine once you get up to speed..
Charles

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are these being installed in 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive's. If 4x4 what is the difference in cost to install compared to the 2 wheel drive?
Jay

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I got to play around a little today through town all within the speed limit because there are just to many cops out and about that I don't even mess around with that but can't seem to get the EVIC to read anything less than 14.8 mpg's whereas before the high in town was 13.8 city driving. I will have to give it a few more days to see the real mileage gains.

As far as city driving goes I have to agree that it is much better than that piece of sh@t stock verter, not sure if the edge agrees with my MDS to much around 2nd to 3rd gear. I slowly press gas pedal and have to pass a certain point than all cylinders kick in and it will accelerate, kind of hard to explain so I am going to keep an eye on it. When manually put it in to 6th gear works perfectly through the city, smooth with no lag and better response. Take off traction control with it in manual at 6th gear I can now spin the tires from a dead stop which I couldn't do before.

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well if I ever get down to Virginia Beach I may have to give ATC a ring. No way I'm going to find a price like that in the Occupied Territories of North'un Virginia.

LOL, his first quote to me was 650 but I must have looked sick when he said that cause he started punching more numbers and came out with the 475, the only downside is since your supplying the part they won't warranty their work. They did happen to mention that they couldn't tell the difference by looking at the 2 TC.

Are these being installed in 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive's. If 4x4 what is the difference in cost to install compared to the 2 wheel drive?
Jay

I heard that doing a 4 wheel drive is more labor intensive therefore costing a little more, not sure of the price difference though.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Jay

The 4WD is a little tougher to install because the transfer case is in the way. It usually runs about $50-$75 more in labor for the 4WD guys.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
The 4WD is a little tougher to install because the transfer case is in the way. It usually runs about $50-$75 more in labor for the 4WD guys.

getting mine installed when on my next days off, Matt. On the 14th. I will hopefully let you know on the night of the 14th how it performs.....

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can't wait to hear your review!

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year