Electric water pump, UD pulley, and electric power steering install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys, can you help and recommend me a cold air intake?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Depends how much are you looking to gain? Maybe grab a tb spacer at the same time, should get you over 11 hp!

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diablo's catch can matched up with one of their chips FTW!!!!1

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got the UD pulley, e water pump, and aluminum driveshaft finished up. That e water pump is really cool.....keeps the temp at 177-183 when stop and go. I wired it up so I can turn the key to on and it will run.....that way I can cool the motor in between runs at the track. My ass dyno sucks and I can never tell a difference but felt like I can feel it with these mods. We'll do the electric power steering in a few weeks

ericlee9386

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you have a pic of the aluminum drive shaft and where did you order it? I think I would like to add one to my challenger

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'll have to take a picture in the am. I used advance driveline here in Orlando. Google them and give them a holler.

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi
How about a brand name and part # for the power steering pump?

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi
Spendy, but worth a tenth and much safer than a short belt. I'd also toggle it to a switch so I can push my truck around without having the engine on for power steering.

WhiteSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow that's spendy. Curious to see how it looks and performs installed.

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Spendy, but worth a tenth and much safer than a short belt. I'd also toggle it to a switch so I can push my truck around without having the engine on for power steering.

Yep, pretty pricey. And yes, we'll have it wired to a switch like that. So far, everything is working great with the e waterpump. Truck seems to turn up quicker and come on really strong up top. That aluminum drive shaft is super light. I was told it should reduce drivetrain loss by 2-3% which is huge

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Putting in a lighter driveshaft generally gives some nice returns. I can't remember the formula off the top of my head but I think it's like removing 1lb of rotational weight is like removing 10lbs of sprung weight.
Did you get pics f yours? I've been meaning to get one built for a while now...at the price yours was it's probably cheaper to have them build one and ship it than the pricing I can find around here.

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Putting in a lighter driveshaft generally gives some nice returns. I can't remember the formula off the top of my head but I think it's like removing 1lb of rotational weight is like removing 10lbs of sprung weight.
Did you get pics f yours? I've been meaning to get one built for a while now...at the price yours was it's probably cheaper to have them build one and ship it than the pricing I can find around here.

Yeah, advance driveline here in Orlando has been around for a long time and can hook you up. You're a 2wd? If so, fasthemiram12 is getting one made soon so they will already have your measurements.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Very cool :) stuff. Keep posting results.
Thx

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi

The rule of thumb...Removing 1lb of rotational weight = 7lbs of sprung weight.

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is it 7lbs??? If so, hell yes! I was thinking 4lbs. I'm dropping 30lbs with my new frontrunner set up.....that's 210lbs! Didn't get a chance to weigh the new shaft vs old but if I get bored I might pull it out and weight it for the hell of it so you guys will know. Advance driveline said 40% lighter and I would say that's correct.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
The rule of thumb...Removing 1lb of rotational weight = 7lbs of sprung weight.

I knew it was a good return on investment...I was just too lazy to look it up. lol

Y'all lemme know when he has his done, I'll order one with him.