electrical short?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

welikecamping

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Okay, so bizarre to me. I have a 2012 RAM 3500 Laramie, and have been having problems with sunroof. At first, the sunroof just stopped working. Next, I started getting water in from the passenger side front pillar. The water leak is a bad thing. I started researching, and found a youtube on blowing out the drain tube with compressed air. Problem was, Sunroof not working, so couldn't access drain from roof to clear. Decided it must be time to take it to the shop. Started up this morning, and all my electronics were displaying metric. I did not set this, so I went through the menu and set it back to imperial and drove on to the sunroof shop. When I got there, technician started pushing the buttons, and lo, suddenly it works!

His explanation was that the power must have reset - like when you change batteries and when you do that, the sunroof needs to be reset to work properly. Odd thing is that I did not disconnect the batteries, or change anything. However, it did rain last night. I had taped the roof, so it did not leak. I'm gonna blow out the drain today, but wondering if anyone has any speculation or suggestions on what the issue is. Possibly a short somewhere?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357