Electronics issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harperjeff99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 l Diesel
I have a 2016 Ram 3500 which I believe has taken on the spirit of Halloween. recently I have experienced the following issues. The Easy Exit function on the driver seat stopped working after my wife manually adjusted the seat. The compass got stuck on E for a while but has since returned to normal. The radio, which typically turns off when you open the driver door, has occasionally stayed on for several minutes later. Could this be linked to the software upgrade that I have seen flash across the screen lately? Is there any way to initiate this software update manually?

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I had a bit of weirdness on my 2016 1500 when the update tried to run, ending with a message to take it to the dealer. What I found here in the forum was to go to https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and enter your VIN. If it says you need an update then carefully follow the instructions to download the update files to a BLANK and correctly formatted USB stick. The update can install from the USB port in your console, truck must be parked and running, and it takes a bit longer than the instructions indicate so be patient.

Best,
DG

sheets7777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So out of curiosity I checked the site it says there is an update for mine. How do you tell if this had already been done. Is there a way to check version after startup.

Disregard watched the video about updating answered my question,

Last edited:

sheets7777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not trying to beat a dead horse but did the over the air/ wifi update not included this or wasn't that the point of the update. They are doing them over wifi now.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have a 2016 Ram 3500 which I believe has taken on the spirit of Halloween. recently I have experienced the following issues. The Easy Exit function on the driver seat stopped working after my wife manually adjusted the seat. The compass got stuck on E for a while but has since returned to normal. The radio, which typically turns off when you open the driver door, has occasionally stayed on for several minutes later. Could this be linked to the software upgrade that I have seen flash across the screen lately? Is there any way to initiate this software update manually?

Hi Harperjeff99,
We are very sorry to hear about your electrical concerns. Have you considered addressing these with your dealer?
Laura
Ram Cares

PatrickLampy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Ram 3500 which I believe has taken on the spirit of Halloween. recently I have experienced the following issues. The Easy Exit function on the driver seat stopped working after my wife manually adjusted the seat.
It happens when you adjust the seat while the car is off. To fix it just press on your saved seat adjustment ( number 1 or 2)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish