Engine dip stick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

postie4343

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently bought a 2008 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi. When I was looking at the truck to buy the dip stick was hard to go all the way down. I found an other one, but now it will not go all the way down. Anybody had this problem? Thanks John

OP
OP
P

postie4343

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
After many tries at diifferent starting postions of the stick and following the tub looking for damage. I found starting the stick with the ENGINE OIL on top of the stick being read from the back of the truck goes all the way down the tub good.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yes I too have a dipstick issue, and I've aggravated it by installing headers and tweaking the tube bends to fit around the headers. Mine will also only bottom out in one direction and even in that direction its a total pain in the ass. Add higher suspension and 37s now I have to climb up on the truck to coax that 36" dipstick down the hole every time with the last 4" requiring both hands.

With my recent rebuild I'm checking the oil constantly, everytime I'm thinking with all the tech and sensors on this engine, here I am measuring the most critical level with a gd best guess, human intervention method - keeps me referring to auto engineers in the most colorful of ways.

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................