etorque and CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milestr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi etorque
I just bought a 2023 Ram V8 Hemi etorque. Is it a bad idea to add CAI? I’ve read some ppl have codes after installation. I am not looking for it to be faster I just want that little bit of rumble.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not bad idea, just not going to do anything for you. I have one. As you posted, I wanted the sound.
I picked S&B with cleanable filter. I purchased 4 of them, cause I'm bit lazy :)

As long as you have the money, and not expecting 'performance' increase. I never got any codes. It was direct replacement. Took less then hour.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
A CAI will have no more issues with etorque hemi than it would with a non-etorque hemi. But if you're looking for a bit of rumble you'd be better off upgrading your exhaust IMHO.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
A CAI will have no more issues with etorque hemi than it would with a non-etorque hemi. But if you're looking for a bit of rumble you'd be better off upgrading your exhaust IMHO.

I agree. Exhaust is better place to spend the money. I added Borla Atak cat-back after words. For in Canada the exhaust was $1800, and CAI was $350, huge increase in sound :)

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have your muffler swapped ,that will give you the sound you seek . Air box not so much. I like the 18” magnaflow, it sounds good to my ears and brain.