Exhaust and Tuner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackin0494

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi! I have been a Ram driver since my very first HEMI back in 2004.
Most recently, I've purchased a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie (4x4) Crew, 5.7 w/eTorque

First question:
I've already ordered the Edge Pulsar tuner.(Part#32453) Wanting to know if the "Pedal Commander" can also be installed(Both at same time). If so, how do they work in conjunction with each other? Is there really a point in getting the PC if I have the Pulsar?

Second question: I'm going to be taking it down to have the factory muffler cut out and replaced with a pair of Magnaflow 18". Same thing I've done on my last 2 trucks. I have them cut the pipes just past the cats(leaving cats in place) and doing an actual 'True-Dual' setup through individual 18" Magnaflows and then back into the factory dual pipes out the back.
My question is... what part# Magnaflows do I need to order to take to the muffler shop with me? Are they 3"in and 3"out? Or 2.5"out? None of the posts I'm digging through make it perfectly clear.

Thanks in advance guys!

(Obligatory pic)
1200x- (0).jpg

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
If I may provide my opinion only, and beautiful truck, too!

Ditch all the gadgets you've mentioned and go directly to a HP Tuner set up and have a credible tuner dial in your truck. You'll get every bit of these pieces purported advantages plus several more, and done so with a custom tune that truly dials everything in ;)

Have a custom y-pipe made and ditch the factory bottleneck right there.

Then, if you prefer Magnaflow (as I do as well), have a proper Magnaflow cat back system that has been engineered to truly benefit the overall performance and drivability of the Ram with the 5.7 installed.

My system has a Magnaflow 3" cat back system in place with dual 5" custom black powder coated tips, and a custom made 2.5" stainless steel y-pipe that is flanged at the cat back system, all connected to a pair of JBA shorty headers.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hi! I have been a Ram driver since my very first HEMI back in 2004.
Most recently, I've purchased a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie (4x4) Crew, 5.7 w/eTorque

First question:
I've already ordered the Edge Pulsar tuner.(Part#32453) Wanting to know if the "Pedal Commander" can also be installed(Both at same time). If so, how do they work in conjunction with each other? Is there really a point in getting the PC if I have the Pulsar?

Second question: I'm going to be taking it down to have the factory muffler cut out and replaced with a pair of Magnaflow 18". Same thing I've done on my last 2 trucks. I have them cut the pipes just past the cats(leaving cats in place) and doing an actual 'True-Dual' setup through individual 18" Magnaflows and then back into the factory dual pipes out the back.
My question is... what part# Magnaflows do I need to order to take to the muffler shop with me? Are they 3"in and 3"out? Or 2.5"out? None of the posts I'm digging through make it perfectly clear.

Thanks in advance guys!

(Obligatory pic)
View attachment 526996
Unless things have changed on the 5th Gens,which i don't think they have,your stock system is a single 3" into the muffler and 2.25" duals out to the rear bumper.Most catback systems upgrade the rear tail pipes to 2.5"

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
if you do go true dual use a crossover (H or X pipe) for best performance
2x 2.5" is plenty for a stock 345ci hemi and bit more so order your mufflers in 2.5 inch diameter in-out. unless you are going to go crazy down the road but only you know this haha

I did the same thing as you on my current 4g and used 2.5 inch mufflers and xpipe to hook up to the 2.25 factory rear system and its so beautiful and cheap I love it :patriot:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357