Exhaust smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have a 5.7 Hemi that needed to have the manifolds replaced. They did both sides, but we are still getting a strong exhaust smell in the cab. Took it back and was told that it is normal for maybe the first 500 miles. I am having a hard time believing this. Any thoughts?

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
May need to torque the bolts. I would check them.

fireman-175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
What was the original symptoms that had you replace the manifolds? I ask because I too have an intermittent (usually after a hill climb or after I was towing a 4500# trailer up hill). It smells like burning rubber in the cab or a skunky burning odor outside. Mine is a 2021. Thanks.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What was the original symptoms that had you replace the manifolds? I ask because I too have an intermittent (usually after a hill climb or after I was towing a 4500# trailer up hill). It smells like burning rubber in the cab or a skunky burning odor outside. Mine is a 2021. Thanks.

In most cases it sounds like you have a type writer under the hood. Sometimes you can smell exhaust gases but not always.

Burning rubber smell is odd. Would only make sense if you have such a large leak that it is heating some nearby hoses, but you would be able to hear it way before it got that bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357