Factory Remote Starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSMegaOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 MegaCab 3500
Engine
Cummins
Well, here is an update on this whole big mess. Seems that my truck doesn't want this to be programmed into the skreem. I have replaced the wire that goes around the ignition module and still the same thing. It starts, runs for a few seconds and then shuts off. This really ****** me off. I guess my only option is an aftermarket one. My only question, is, will an aftermarket system have the same problems as this one???

I have spent way too much time on something that should have been fairly easy to get working.

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Skreem module can only be programmed once, any chance the one you got was programmed to another vehicle before.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

KSMegaOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 MegaCab 3500
Engine
Cummins
Skreem module can only be programmed once, any chance the one you got was programmed to another vehicle before.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The skreem module on this system was factory sealed. So I would assume it hadn't been programmed to another vehicle. On another note, when I tried to program another key using the same instructions from the owner's manual, I couldn't get that to program into the computer either. The dealer had to use the scan tool to get it done.

expensivehobby22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm interested to know how this plays out. I ordered my '08 with remote start, but it was out of stock at that time so I didn't get it before I moved out of state. It's been sitting on a shelf since then, but now that I'm back in a cold climate I want to install it.

I've been wondering if I could do it myself or if I had to take it in to the dealer.

KSMegaOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 MegaCab 3500
Engine
Cummins
Well, I finally gave up and since the dealer had refunded me any money I spent on this system, I used that money and got an aftermarket 2 way system installed and love it. They didn't have any problems getting it programmed to my truck and works perfectly. The shop that put it in said, that Dodge had some problems with the factory remote starts on 06-08 getting them programmed into the system to work. After almost 6 months of trying to get the factory one going, I must say that the 2 way aftermarket one is better and it has a lifetime warranty from the local shop.

Other guys on here installed them on their own. I wouldn't attempt it, but that's just me.

OP
OP
Mega-Hemi

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
THIS is where I got the one for the wife's Jeep. Was referred to me by a member in that other forum. Had to call him a few times during the instillation and I can tell you his concerns were genuine and he sure put his customers first. I will definitely be dealing with him again in the future.