Falken Wildpeak AT3W impressions/review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not at all. I was $697 all in.

Best around here is 911.00 out the door.

Edit: After some haggling I got them out the door for 800.00, best for me as nearest place to get them for less is 200 miles from me. Yeah we are far from anything. Snow is on the way and those damn factory GY's gotta go:roflsquared:

Last edited:

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had debated going with 35's of a different brand was going to be close to $1300 PLUS install. Ended up running across a deal on ebay through discount tire direct for the wildpeak at3w's in 275/60r20 And got them for $516.00 delivered to my door. Took them to discount tire and they mounted and balanced them for $40 at a discount since I purchased them through discount tire. Then sold my old worn out 72,000 mile factory goodyears for $60.00 All in all installed it cost me $496.00 Can't complain with that!.

They are a little louder than my factory good years were but not by much. They ride a little smoother also. I have only had them on my truck for about 2 weeks so can't say much for snow driving or anything but they handle well in the rain. My biggest complaint with them is when on the highway it make my truck feel like it sways a little bit from time to time almost like when you ride on the crest of a road where they seam it together. It could just be that I need to do an alignment though. My old tires didnt act like that BUT they were wearing on the outside edge so maybe they had just worn in a flat spot and thats why they didnt act like that. Not sure.

But I really like the aggressive look these AT's have. lots of meat on these tires!

bjohnston0624

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had debated going with 35's of a different brand was going to be close to $1300 PLUS install. Ended up running across a deal on ebay through discount tire direct for the wildpeak at3w's in 275/60r20 And got them for $516.00 delivered to my door. Took them to discount tire and they mounted and balanced them for $40 at a discount since I purchased them through discount tire. Then sold my old worn out 72,000 mile factory goodyears for $60.00 All in all installed it cost me $496.00 Can't complain with that!.

They are a little louder than my factory good years were but not by much. They ride a little smoother also. I have only had them on my truck for about 2 weeks so can't say much for snow driving or anything but they handle well in the rain. My biggest complaint with them is when on the highway it make my truck feel like it sways a little bit from time to time almost like when you ride on the crest of a road where they seam it together. It could just be that I need to do an alignment though. My old tires didnt act like that BUT they were wearing on the outside edge so maybe they had just worn in a flat spot and thats why they didnt act like that. Not sure.

But I really like the aggressive look these AT's have. lots of meat on these tires!
Cant beat the price or warranty! Check tire pressure and or alignment for swaying? Possibly the road you are driving on too? Some roads around me are terrible and some are amazing lol.

Dat 55k warranty doe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
My biggest complaint with them is when on the highway it make my truck feel like it sways a little bit from time to time almost like when you ride on the crest of a road where they seam it together. It could just be that I need to do an alignment though. My old tires didnt act like that BUT they were wearing on the outside edge so maybe they had just worn in a flat spot and thats why they didnt act like that. Not sure.

I noticed that with mine when I first had them installed. It went away after a couple thousand miles. I don't notice it at all now.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got my truck back with Falkens on it. My jaw dropped when I pulled into the shop and seen it parked there, all shined up, with these tires on it. I felt like a little kid pulling into a Chuck E Cheese or something. I also had the windows tinted. The tires look awesome. Perfect amount of aggressiveness I was looking for. It was like seeing a whole different truck. I went with 275/65/20s and it was $1000 installed. Best price I could find around here. First driving impressions were that they made it feel like I am driving a tank, in a good way tho. Smiling ear to ear going through town. They are stiffer going over bumps than the stock Wranger SRAs I had on it but the shop aired them up to 55psi so today Ill air down a little and that will probably help. Once I got on the highway, they rode really well. Smooth ride. Road noise was definitely noticeable but nothing bad at all. I honestly like a little bit of noise and I am not used to having any so it probably just seems more noticeable since I was driving on basically bald SRAs. Again, airing them down a little will probably help but as of now, I am super happy with the look and ride quality. I will try to post pics later. Its been getting dark so early now that I can't get any quality pics after work.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Just got my truck back with Falkens on it. My jaw dropped when I pulled into the shop and seen it parked there, all shined up, with these tires on it. I felt like a little kid pulling into a Chuck E Cheese or something. I also had the windows tinted. The tires look awesome. Perfect amount of aggressiveness I was looking for. It was like seeing a whole different truck. I went with 275/65/20s and it was $1000 installed. Best price I could find around here. First driving impressions were that they made it feel like I am driving a tank, in a good way tho. Smiling ear to ear going through town. They are stiffer going over bumps than the stock Wranger SRAs I had on it but the shop aired them up to 55psi so today Ill air down a little and that will probably help. Once I got on the highway, they rode really well. Smooth ride. Road noise was definitely noticeable but nothing bad at all. I honestly like a little bit of noise and I am not used to having any so it probably just seems more noticeable since I was driving on basically bald SRAs. Again, airing them down a little will probably help but as of now, I am super happy with the look and ride quality. I will try to post pics later. Its been getting dark so early now that I can't get any quality pics after work.

That’s a lot of air once you air them down it will drive much much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Is this right?? I just checked my tread depth after rotating the tires again.

9/32 tread depth??? If i started at 20/32 I'm beyond half tread life and only have 16,000 miles on the tires...

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had mine for about two months....absolutely love them. I did notice that the steering seemed a bit heavier when they were first installed, but I guess I got used to it and don't notice it any more.

Some folks says they are a little loud, but I think they are just fine. On some roads there is a small hum, but mostly they are quiet. I bought them online and had Walmart mount and balance them....at over 105 miles per hour there is no shimmy, shake or any other issue.

They look great and do well in gravel, sand, mud and rain. They replaced the Goodyear death traps that came stock, and I am so happy..........

ram (1).jpg

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced the stock goodyears as soon as I bought the truck. The dealership bought the stock tires from me, so I got the Wildpeaks for only $350 installed. I've been very impressed with them. Wet or dry, they just grip all the time. They are like a poor mans DuraTrac. Similar look and performance as well as the snowflake rating made these an easy choice. I do like the look of the DuraTracs more, but I couldn't beat the price of the Wildpeaks.

PXO0Y2f.jpg

What size tires did you go with?

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They need the automatic inflate/deflate option in RAM trucks like the old ducks had running on the old deuce and a half platforms!

Has anyone run these Falkens in serious snow. Comparisons to other tires such as the Duratrac?

They are severe winter service rated so they will do great in the snow. I wanted these but they were 13 pounds heavier in a 34 inch size on my 1500. Great tires though.

rhann87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
im currently running these right now, well the 35x12.5R20's and i am really happy with it. The shop i got them from had me sold on it but i wasnt convinced, saw them on the truck, and it made my knees weak. They are definitely aggressive and theyll get you through just about anything any other all terrain will with the added benefit of being one of the best snow tires on the market. i had the mastercraft courser at2's for a while and loved them until i got these and as far as noise goes, compared to other larger lug tires these are quieter believe it or not. Hopefully you are as happy with them as i am.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Sounds like the right tire for me when I replace the stock tires.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its time to replace my crap worn stock tires. I am pretty much sold on these.. I also looked at these in 33"s and 35"s but I cannot justify the price tag. So stock size.

Regardless once I find a good price on the stock 275/65/20 there mine!

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question were running the 275/65/20 115T modelright? I saw a version thats about double price with the only difference of a 126S rating. Just depends on the load?

OP
OP
B

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
275/60 20 is stock size. 275/65 is a 34" tire.

Here's my fuelly chart for 2017. I put the tires on in September and have seen about a 1mpg drop.98257bafe7ca003a4664b64737b805f1.jpg

OP
OP
B

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Just for the record, I've had these out on a little bit of snow and they do amazing, even on the packed down stuff.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered a set of these in 305/55R20 for my daughters leveled Silverado, guy at discount tire asked me why I picked this tire I told him because of all the great reviews on the RAMFORUM

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking forward to some long term reviews.