Fallen Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500
Engine
cummins Diesel
After having my tires rotated at a tire shop, I was brought to my attention that my tires are probably less than 10,000 miles away from needing to be replaced. I had the tires rotated and hopes I can get 5000 more miles out of them before they began Looking quasi-bald. The guy at the tire shop loved my ram 2500 and said if it was his truck he would definitely keep the rim size 18 inch, and go for some falcon tires which are five to $600 apiece. He posted they are the quietest tire on the market and one of the best. I have factory chrome rims nothing special. So I was wondering whether it was really any giant advantage to go with these more expensive tires which he said were rated for 50,000 miles or just replace with what I had which were good years. I would welcome any comments who may have some experience with falcon tires .

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What *Falken tire that fits your rig is $5-600/ea? That’s an insane price. Are they 37” tall?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I would not be paying 600 bucks a tire for something to go on a 2500 that spends most of its time on the highway. You need to tell us your actual use parameters, towing,m not towing, freeway, city, amount off road and type of off road etc. However, no matter what those answers are $350 Canadian a skin is my max for an 18" tire. For my use, I like Duratrac, which I can get on sale for that price, but my pickup spends 80% of its time NOT on pavement. They would not be my choice for mostly pavement use but there are lots of other great tires that can be bought in the same price range.

Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I just paid $528 per tire less than two months ago for Michelin Defender LTX M/S LT295/65/R20's, and that was a wholesale price from my friends shop.

I will say though that I gained 1+MPG with these tires vs my previous BFG KO2's in LT285/65/R20. And their handling is far better, especially in rain (quieter, too).

I miss the more aggressive look of the BFG's, but balancing them was getting ridiculous, especially as they aged. This would have been their third summer (tons of tread left on them), but after three road force balancing sessions and weights per tire between just over 7oz to just over 10oz at the beginning of this season, it was getting obscene, so I took em off and flogged em online.

The Michelin's (bigger tire, but about 5lb lighter per tire vs. the smaller BFG's) with road force balancing had between 0.75oz and just a hair over 2oz per tire.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I just paid $528 per tire less than two months ago for Michelin Defender LTX M/S LT295/65/R20's, and that was a wholesale price from my friends shop.

I will say though that I gained 1+MPG with these tires vs my previous BFG KO2's in LT285/65/R20. And their handling is far better, especially in rain (quieter, too).

I miss the more aggressive look of the BFG's, but balancing them was getting ridiculous, especially as they aged. This would have been their third summer (tons of tread left on them), but after three road force balancing sessions and weights per tire between just over 7oz to just over 10oz at the beginning of this season, it was getting obscene, so I took em off and flogged em online.

The Michelin's (bigger tire, but about 5lb lighter per tire vs. the smaller BFG's) with road force balancing had between 0.75oz and just a hair over 2oz per tire.
That is a pretty good price for that specific tire but also clearly shows why a guy wants to stick to 18" rims if you can. The 18" version of that tire, 295/70R 18 is $140 a skin cheaper, so would have been $388 per.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
That is a pretty good price for that specific tire but also clearly shows why a guy wants to stick to 18" rims if you can. The 18" version of that tire, 295/70R 18 is $140 a skin cheaper, so would have been $388 per.
Agreed.

I was thinking to go to 18's for my summers, but I'm not willing to fork out even more cash for nice rims and tires. So I stick with my factory black 20's and put some good shoes on her.

I do use 17" for my winters though, but even those Blizzak DM-V2's are a pretty penny, but worth it for the traction and stopping prowess they provide on the roads I travel all over Ontario for work.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I put Falkens on 64k miles ago, and will probably put them back on in the net month or so. I still have tread left but I want good rubber going into Wisconsin winters. US they are $450 a tire. That sucks because I paid $300 a tire when I put them on.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I put Falkens on 64k miles ago, and will probably put them back on in the net month or so. I still have tread left but I want good rubber going into Wisconsin winters. US they are $450 a tire. That sucks because I paid $300 a tire when I put them on.
You need to shop around. Without even looking hard I'm finding them for $260. What size do you run?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just last week I got a set of 4 Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 275/60R20 for $1030 out the door, York, PA, USA.
They were listed at $246.99 per tire installed.
I bought their protection package also, so $1187.

They were less than the Bridgestone Dueler AT RH-S
I bought in 02/2021 that lasted only 23k miles.
Although it has been less than a week I like them so far.

At 39 PSI the ride is very nice and quieter than I expected
from an AT tire, virtually noiseless.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check and see if your local RAM dealer can beat the prices. My dealer here routinely sells Buy 3, 4th for $1.00. I got my 4 Falkens out the door for $836, the other year. Now I know prices are up, but $5-600 for a tire, ahhhhhh, I hope not.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
"I just paid $528 per tire less than two months ago for Michelin Defender LTX M/S LT295/65/R20's, and that was a wholesale price from my friends shop."

Your "friend" skinned you!(pun intended). Those tires are less than $400.00 each. Even at Walmart they are $100 less than what you paid. $528 is not wholesale.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve been buying Michelin or BFG for years, but this year I tried some Sumitomo tires on the Freightliner, because I was disappointed with the service life of the previous Michelin. The Sumitomo ride better and are quieter, and cost significantly less.

Point being Sumitomo is the parent company of Falken. I’ll be shopping Falken in the future when I need tires for smaller vehicles.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Walmart Pricing for Sacramento and I imagine Tire Rack is even cheaper. If you are paying 500 a pop you are being pillaged. Even in Canada they aren't 500 a skin.
View attachment 525181
I know times are tuff, and prices up and and, but just r aping a client is just ridiculous. Heck, I bought 2 wheels, and 6 replacement nuts/bolts for my Lawn Mower and that was $79.00. Since I have a Craftsman Mower, kinda stuck, shop around and find what eva part will cross match and fit via part numbers. I got Cub Cadet, and MTD parts on my Craftsman mower now, LOL.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Also keep in mind about tire weight. If you spend alot of time on pavement and care about fuel mileage, Toyo's are typically some of the lightest, even in E or F load. I've had the Falken AT3Ws and love them, but they are heavy. You'll lose some fuel mileage with them.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My previous were Bridgestone, 39.7lbs/tire, EVIC showing 14.1mpg. It's a grocery-getter, never once been off-road.
I've now had the Falkens less than a week, 47.8lbs/tire, and EVIC now shows 14.2mpg.

It's not so much the amount of change, it's the direction. All other factors being equal I'm still pretty pleased with the Falkens.

Can't speak to Toyo other than to say the last time i had them on my car (not truck) I was also very pleased with them.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
You need to shop around. Without even looking hard I'm finding them for $260. What size do you run?
35x12.5r20 You let me know where you find those for under $300. :) don't just assume we are all running stock sizes on these rigs.

Last edited:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After having my tires rotated at a tire shop, I was brought to my attention that my tires are probably less than 10,000 miles away from needing to be replaced. I had the tires rotated and hopes I can get 5000 more miles out of them before they began Looking quasi-bald. The guy at the tire shop loved my ram 2500 and said if it was his truck he would definitely keep the rim size 18 inch, and go for some falcon tires which are five to $600 apiece. He posted they are the quietest tire on the market and one of the best. I have factory chrome rims nothing special. So I was wondering whether it was really any giant advantage to go with these more expensive tires which he said were rated for 50,000 miles or just replace with what I had which were good years. I would welcome any comments who may have some experience with falcon tires .
Falken tires are very good ones. I had them on my Landrover Disco 2 and loved them!