Few performance mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Problem with longtubes is if you're 4x4. Too many say they fit and too many say they don't. I'm currently looking into that. Believe only 1/4 of what you hear and 1/2 of what you see :)
I've actually seen two 4x4's with long tubes which one the fit perfect, the other had to get them bent and welded. I'm rwd, so I'm good with that lol. You should see my engine Bay dude. So much room for activities haha. I do have to get a new set of LT's though. Blew a nice chunk out of the side. So to say I have a leak is an understatement lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ram4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Awesome info guys, thanks very much!

dapepper9- yep....it's me again on anether forum lol! Figured I'd ask more questions in one of my own threads verse clogging up someone elses.

BBartow- That's a very helpful picture of the exhaust system!

My truck is an 01 5.9 4x4 so the long tunes may or may not be an issue. Also, besides the possible fitment issue I may run into, another reason for me choosing shorty over long tube is I would like to keep as much of the bottom end power as I can. I don't haul all the time but I do occasionally along with some farm work here and there and that's my thinking behind this route.

Speaking of the flowmaster and magnaflow y pipe/cat, are those high flow cats on their Y pipes?

OP
OP
R

Ram4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
JBA and Gibson for shorties yessir. Y-pipes either Flowmaster or Magnaflow with cat, Jegs for catless pipe. You can cut and install one in the Jegs pipe if you want also, probably the cheapest solution. All are good, however the first two are DI/SO cats, the latter would be SI/SO if you choose that. Here is factory exhaust:

x5kkmpU.png

Making sure I'm getting what you're saying... DI/SO = dual inlet/single outlet and SI/SO = single inlet/single outlet? Which would be better? Flows better?

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
And depending on the size tubing you run with you can get about the same results either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Making sure I'm getting what you're saying... DI/SO = dual inlet/single outlet and SI/SO = single inlet/single outlet? Which would be better? Flows better?

Yes that's correct. The latter would flow better and be a lot easier to replace when the time comes. However it just depends if you want completely bolt on or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk