Filling Tailgate Badge help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there all knowledgeable ones. I am thinking of removing the Ram Head logo from the tailgate of my 2021 Ram to get a flat surface to apply a new wrap decal. Does anyone have experience in filling that depression that will be left in the tailgate after the logo is removed. I want a totally flat surface for the full tailgate.
Thanks

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Get a good body repair person to cut out the depression,weld in a flush piece,fill,smooth,prime,and paint...then have the wrap applied

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there all knowledgeable ones. I am thinking of removing the Ram Head logo from the tailgate of my 2021 Ram to get a flat surface to apply a new wrap decal. Does anyone have experience in filling that depression that will be left in the tailgate after the logo is removed. I want a totally flat surface for the full tailgate.
Thanks

There is a war in Ukraine and this is the question of the day!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There is a war in Ukraine and this is the question of the day!
Yeah but this isn't the forum to discuss the war in Ukraine.
If you want to discuss Ram truck and other automotive topics do so in the appropriate section. If your looking to discuss the war in the Ukraine find another forum.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks gtomike60.././kind thought that weld in a piece might be the only option...have to check out the pennies for that/...and thanks for the comment keeping MY question on track crash68...

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So..the only way is to cut out the depression and weld in a flat replacement. Hmm..thought there was some company that has addressed this "depression" fill issue..can't find the flat bare insert..hmmm

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Am I the only person that reads this as they were obviously joking?
If it was an automotive related joke that was somehow related to the question at hand we might have laughed. The OP was quoted so in the forum world that usually a directed response to that person, see how it is less viewed as a joke?

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, all I wanted was input on smoothing out that Tailgate Ram Head badge depression. I wanted a smooth surface so I could put a wrap on my tailgate. So it would seem my search will continue elsewhere....Thanks anyway.

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
I'd just take it to 2 or 3 body shops to get some quotes.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe there’s an aftermarket tailgate available for your truck , have you search autobody suppliers ?