First Time Ram Owner!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Hey Guys!

First time Dodge Ram (is it still Dodge Ram or just Ram now?) owner figured I’d give a brief intro.

Had constant muscle cars and was in those forums for years, but every man needs a truck, so traded my 2016 Camaro in for 2018 Ram 1500 Sport Hydro Blue Hemi V8!!

Supposedly they only made 2,000 Hydro Blue’s so feel pretty special already! I like being different and didn’t wanna look like every other truck on the road, so happy this worked out!

It came with:
-Mopar CAI (what’s the maintenance on it? They didn’t tell me anything).
-Mopar Cat-Back Exhaust
-Nitrogen Tires
-Wheel Locks
-Mopar Tubular Floor Boards
-32 Gallon Fuel Tank
-Class IV Reviever Hitch (not too sure what the class means because he said it’s rated at 10,170 towing capacity)
-9-Alpine Speakers and Subwoofer
-Spray in Bed Liner
-Anti-Spin Differential (does it take differential fluid? I’ve read some do..)
-3.92 Rear Axle Ratio

Been tough to decide what route to go with storage, because it doesn’t come with RamBox (I love the idea but hate the lack of bed space and wouldn’t trust dealer to install this), or with the utility rails (not sure I’d trust dealer to do this either)...

Debated Mud Flaps, but supposedly only can get rears because of the running boards.

Also would like to maybe raise it in future, but I’ve read some bad things about the ball joints.

OH! And I have lifetime warranty!!! Hoping I don’t have any issues with it.

So far loving the truck! Only downsides I can see which I can totally live without is:

-No HUD
-No reverse tilt mirrors
-No sunroof (on my truck at least)

Mods I got coming in:
-Husky Liners
-Fender Flares (hoping it fits with Hemi badge)..
-OEM Bed Extender (going to have deslership install so I don’t void any warranties (hope they don’t throw a fit because I bought OEM part online))
-Gator bi-fold Bed Cover
-Some bed bars and cargo net
-Storage Key Locks
-Custom Sunshade
-New Antennae
-And Tinting her in couple weeks;)
-Debating Commodore Treatment too....not sure if it’s worth it. As well as possible bed step..

80C6FFE7-89D9-4686-86F6-FAB15D7D259E.jpeg

Last edited:

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
A well optioned truck. Congrats. You may consider taking the black vinyl off the B pillars to let the paint show through.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks! And interesting didn’t know that was possible. Not sure yet because want to limo tint it.

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks! And interesting didn’t know that was possible. Not sure yet because want to limo tint it.

Leave it on. It's not vinyl it's actual hard plastic trim. Also, check your settings in uconnect, in pretty sure there is a reverse tilt mirror option in there.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks! Love this blue and black combo. Blues been my color for past 4 cars now hah.

Good to know! That’s why I love forums! I’ll check that setting later, can’t wait!!!

It was from Amazon, Ledkingdomus, says fits 2018, guess I’ll find out tonight hah.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! Love this blue and black combo. Blues been my color for past 4 cars now hah.

Good to know! That’s why I love forums! I’ll check that setting later, can’t wait!!!

It was from Amazon, Ledkingdomus, says fits 2018, guess I’ll find out tonight hah.
Glad you made the right choice getting a v8 this time, a muscle car aint much without just that, muscle ;). Love the truck!

BLYGOAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome. I was on LS1GTO a bunch a few years back. Still go over once in a while. Still have my 06 GTO, but my DD is a 2016 Ram 1500. Nothing fancy about my truck. Your truck, on the other hand, looks amazing. Enjoy.
BLYGOAT

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Haha you must know your stuff avalut sports cars. Guess you looked at the spoiler or RS badge and knew it wasn’t V8;) Yep FINALLY V8. First one honestly. But to be fair that was one FAST V6, faster than all previous V8s and when I was done was pushing 350HP.

That’s it? I was gonna give you guys $200, $150 it is! Haha.

Thanks man! Hey to us RAC individually we love our trucks for one reason or another! I’m sure yours is serving it’s purpose!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
:welcome:...200 is too much, case of modello and 50$ is good.lol
Very nice truck and welcome NYAndrew

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
The stuff on the B pillars is not plastic, its vinyl. I removed mine as have many others. You will just need to apply some heat and peel it off. It tucks under the weather stripping a little but there is just one screw that you need to loosen. Then some GooGone or a home made solution to get off any residue. There are threads/vids with tips. Looks a lot better IMO. Especially on an impact color like Hydro.

TFUId2L.jpg

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks guys!!! Not too sure about B pillars, it is interesting though. We’ll see how she looks after tint next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks guys!!! Not too sure about B pillars, it is interesting though. We’ll see how she looks after tint next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people like the look of the dark vinyl especially after tinting the front windows. I have a brand new 1500 and the B pillar vinyl *already* has a few weird spots (think fraying or very lightly torn along the edge). I see myself removing it completely in a couple months.