First time Ram owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Figgy23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up fellas my name's James but everyone calls me Fig (because of my last name) anyways I was involved in a car accident back in January driving my 2004 Honda civic. Got called into work and hit black ice and bam straight into a pole was not good broke a ton of bones and still on the road to recovery needless to say this past weekend I purchased my first ever pick up truck being a 2011 dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7L (I read the owner's manual haha.) I'm looking forward to the journey I will have on it and have big plans for it. Now being new to this I want to do HID headlights to start but don't know if I have a 2 bulb headlight or a 4 bulb could anyone explain to me how I can tell? Looking forward to learning a lot of new things about the Ram truck and can't wait to get the ball rolling. 5d975c7189c53722da1499d6d319d5e9.jpg here she is! It's a metallic forest green color

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Welcome! You have the 4 bulbs check out retro shop in the perfered vendors section they are the headlight kings! Sorry to here about your accadent but if it happens again you can RAM it! Anyways good looking truck welcome aboard.

Edit: for refrence here is a pic of the "dual headlights" if you look at yours they have the high and lows separated into different places hints 4 bulbs total 2 in each.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome to the club!! I used to work with a guy by the last name of figaroa, we called him fig. The mods are endless and your gonna enjoy it!!

bigfoot2219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
looks like a winner from here! Hope your recovery process continues smoothly and the new truck brings you many smiles per gallon! Welcome to the Ramily!

OP
OP
F

Figgy23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! You have the 4 bulbs check out retro shop in the perfered vendors section they are the headlight kings! Sorry to here about your accadent but if it happens again you can RAM it! Anyways good looking truck welcome aboard.

Edit: for refrence here is a pic of the "dual headlights" if you look at yours they have the high and lows separated into different places hints 4 bulbs total 2 in each.

Thank you that definitely makes sense now that you say it. I'll definitely head over to check them out now!! Thanks again!!

OP
OP
F

Figgy23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome to the club!! I used to work with a guy by the last name of figaroa, we called him fig. The mods are endless and your gonna enjoy it!!
Thank you! Yeah my last name is Figueroa that's why everyone calls me Fig haha

OP
OP
F

Figgy23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks like a winner from here! Hope your recovery process continues smoothly and the new truck brings you many smiles per gallon! Welcome to the Ramily!
Thank you sir!! Haha "Ramily" I like that!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
your pops didn't used to work up in truckee did he?? or maybe a uncle??

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
:welcome:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Welcome! I second retroshop for your HID needs! Jeremy knows his stuff and his customer service is second to none.

www.retroshop.us

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice looking truck-at least you now have some metal around you. Looks like someone took really good care of it. Welcome to the forum, I'm rather new myself and I've found a ton of good info here.

OP
OP
F

Figgy23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck-at least you now have some metal around you. Looks like someone took really good care of it. Welcome to the forum, I'm rather new myself and I've found a ton of good info here.
Thank you I do which is good! Yes they did couple dings and scratches but nothing too bad.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Congrats on the new truck Fig and welcome to the forum. I love Honda cars but I feel so much safer in my monster truck. I'm sure you feel the same as you drive your truck. The truck is so practical you won't miss your Honda. Have a speedy recovery.

Reply from, I'm a Tapatalk junkie

OP
OP
F

Figgy23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome bud!
Thank you!
Congrats on the new truck Fig and welcome to the forum. I love Honda cars but I feel so much safer in my monster truck. I'm sure you feel the same as you drive your truck. The truck is so practical you won't miss your Honda. Have a speedy recovery.

Reply from, I'm a Tapatalk junkie
Thanks! I sure do feel a lot safer!!