fixing/ respray clearcoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab. i have some of the clear coat peeling on the passenger side door. its not very big and its only happening in this one place... are there different kinds of clear coat? i have looked in the auto stores and only see one kind...? anyone else run into this and how did you fix it? my main concern is the clear coat i don't want to put something that doesn't match with the original.... is it possible to repay clear coat on the small section after washing it and wet sanding the edges? or do i have to redo the whole door?

tried uploading a photo but it didn't work the area that needs fixed is about 1 inch by 5 inch sideways.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have clear coat peeling in one area, the rest is VERY likely not far behind.
Deal with it for a while until you can afford to respray the whole darned truck.

Don't do this yourself, imo. Not unless you've got a good spray gun and a booth.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007