Floor mats recommendations? 2017 Ram 1500 crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Ive had both...but still using the factory rubber mats that came in my truck in 2015.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
This.

Weathertech has a Canadian website and ships out of Canada. Husky does not so by the time you convert to Canadian dollars and pay shipping and brokerage over the US border they end up being more money.
I don't know where the OP is in Ontario but here where Windsor is just across the river people come over here shopping all the time. I doubt you would have to declare your already installed mats.

turnerje

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Three years of weather tech. These pictures are from my 13 1500 Crew Cab that I traded in. I was trying to sell it first.

7014D14C-C7C9-4407-9702-E25E6E1CC08A.jpeg

6E505CBE-D856-491B-95C1-0F722AB736FB.jpeg

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with a slightly cheaper option with the MAXLINER floormats. 1 year later and I'm happy with them. The carpet underneath literally looks brand new.

pja903

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just purchased a set of Husky X-act fit for my 2016 Longhorn....these are absolutely great!!!...excellent coverage, great fit and a softer rubber material instead of the harder plastic type....I am going to get the rear seat area one now!

funkola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To answer your question I like weathertech but have never tried any of the other high end mats.

Here is what I did. I bought a used 2016 from a Mazda dealer. The truck had been a rental in Florida and Ilive in Mississippi. I started out with your typical salesman but walked out after we coudn't agree on price. I called the next day and found out the second most powerful person was at the dealrship. He could do whatever he wanted basically and answered directly to the owner. This is a huge dealership by the way.

i was vey firm I would not negotiate on price yet I was also easy going and polite. I asked him why they were no floormats and he said that is the way they received rentals quite often. I mentioned I was going to buy weathertechs anyway and he said he would get me a set for his cost. $150 for front and back over the hump weathertechs. Patience and an easy going attitude are the key with these guys. Time is money to them but I am retired and can spend the whole day there. Eventually they just want to get the deal over with and will give you what you ask for.

tpnaquin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Weathertech for me. moved them from my 2013 to my 2017...fit just fine.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had both the Weathertechs and Husky Weatherbeaters.

I prefer the Huskys.....just like the quality and the more rugged look of them (especially in a pickup truck or SUV).

In most of the vehicles I've had this type of mats in (15-20 vehicles), the Huskys provided more coverage than the Weathertechs.

EPDY5JJ.jpg
XkahFqw.jpg

Ysook1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haad weather tech and changed to husky. Better coverage plus stippling on the bottom for no slipping.

strodj07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.2
I have full weathertechs in my truck and i like them. My dad has rugged ridge in his chevy though and i like them better. they are thicker, more rugged, and have more of a "pan" effect if you get them pretty wet.

jeffstoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking for new mats, myself. Those of you that recommend Husky, which model are you referring to? There is an X-ACT CONTOUR, a WEATHER BEATER, a HEAVY DUTY and a CLASSIC. The X-ACT CONTOR is the softer one that I would probably go with.
I looked at the installation instructions. My 07 has a hook on the drivers side rug and nothing on the passenger side. They seem to use some sort of snap. Do I have to replace/ install their fasteners on my rug? They said something about screwing into the floor on the oassenger side. I don't mind making a new hole in the carpet but I don't want to put a hole in the floor for a mat. I would hope they would stay put with no fasteners.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I prefer the husky weather beaters. I run weatherbeaters in my truck and my wife’s suv in all 3 rows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitelightnin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weathertech for me. They’ve been on my last 5 vehicles

bankshot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
I have used weather tech in 4 vehicles. The only down side I Have found is they are not very pliable and the get scratched and that holds dirt, hard to clean. This time I am trying Michelin. They appear to be softer and more pliable. They all appear to be pretty close in price.

Hot94Z28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have weather tech, and my neighbor with a Ram truck has Husky. They both are nice but the Husky seems thicker.

ptb351

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have husky xact love them the soft liners make it easy to access underneath compartments. After a friend saw them he went out and got them also.

I have husky classics in the front but went with xact in the rear as they make it easier to access the underneath...love the classics in the front...messy weather in the winter.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like husky weather beaters. I have weather tech in my journey and they are nice too. The huskies seem to be a little more durable and cover more. And they were cheaper than weather tech! Check out amazon I got them for $160-180.

1mc112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Agreed that Husky or Weathertech are the two brands to go with. Personally I only use the Husky brand.

Check Amazon and you can find some good deals on them randomly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93