Fog lights quit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I dont know what happened but all of a sudden my fog lights dont work... I checked the fuses and such, they were working last night, I dont know what exactly happened...

Muddytazz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500HD 4x4
Engine
Hemi baby
Did you check the relay in the box under the hood?

OP
OP
gwolf

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I believe so... The fuse box right behind the battery? That fuse in that box is still good? Or is there another spot where i need to look?

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds like you may have helped me solve why the 99 Durango I have did the same thing just random headlights work but fogs won't turn on for anything.

$miley

OP
OP
gwolf

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
i know i posted this a long time ago, i really never did anything about it, but is there a way to test the relay to see if it is still good?

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It ended up being the ECM on mine. I removed cleaned up all the connections and reinstalled. They worked when I sold it.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I can't remember anymore I am sorry I know I should but sold it about 2 years ago now

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Happened on my '99 a few years back. Turned out to be the multi-function switch (highbeam/turn signals/wiper controls) had failed. Decided the cost to replace the switch that was still 2/3 functional was more than I wanted to spend to fix it, so I rewired the factory fogs to a separate circuit with a stand alone switch. Took all of 45 minutes to do.

OP
OP
gwolf

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
well its not the relay under the hood, i swap it out for the horn relay, and the horn still worked with the fog light realy in it. So not I hav to find a used switch or something or find someone that knows how to text it or something. If not, is there a way for me to text the switch to see if that is bad?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can pull the switch and undo the tabs on the sides of the switch casing. This will allow you to open the switch and inspect the contacts, but be careful as there are 3 spring loaded contacts that will fall out, be sure not to lose those. Look for any burnt plastic or copper. If you don't find any, then try playing with the contacts for the fog light themselves. You'll see it if you pull on the knob as if you were turning the fogs on. There are two little arms that come off the center of the shaft, those are the fog light contacts. Try bending those down until they make a good connection with the copper base.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casey1981