Found my RAM! Copper Sport 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coppersport89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
New here, been searching for a used Ram for about 4 months now. Finally found what I’m looking for…

I knew I wanted a Sport trim 1500 anywhere from 22k$-28k$ with anywhere from 80k miles and up.

I found me a 2017 Ram 1500 Copper Sport! High miles but 90% highway miles, 1 owner. The truck belonged to a guy who runs a detail/ceramic coating/rim business so truck is pristine and looks great.

Some after market work has been done cosmetically. Almost no chrome left on truck, all has been blacked out to match badges.

Picking up truck this week and couldn’t be more excited to get into it. First truck ever so obv first ram too.

Will post pictures as soon as I have it home.

Any other copper sport owners out there? I know ram limited the number produced in 2017. Let me see what you’ve got, I plan to do some additional work on mine, let me know what you think she needs….

Here is a picture from dealer….CANT WAIT!

1644371466615.jpeg

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats, that thing looks smooth as glass, you're going to love it.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was one of my 3 color choices. Blue streak, delmonico red, and copper. It’s a really cool color.

OP
OP
C

Coppersport89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
Thanks all!

Yeah she is a beauty, I’m thinking I’ll smoke out the headlights/twilights first and tint the front windows.

Truck runs beautifully, smooth ride, just had new tires put on. Could use touch up on the undercoat which I plan to do as soon as possible.

Front hood decal looks a bit faded IMO so I’ll see what I can do to perk that up too.

Interior is perfect, with complete weather tech mats throughout.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice truck, I had a 2013 Express quad cab in that color and loved it, ended up trading it in on a crew cab truck.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's a great color.

I'd suggest you not smoke out those projector headlights. Rather, upgrade them to HID as they will work a LOT better. They are already mostly black anyway.

Tuscon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v-8
Congrats on the new truck, you can never go wrong with a Ram. I am sure you will get a long time of fun use out of it....high mileage is not a bad thing if they looked after it.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New here, been searching for a used Ram for about 4 months now. Finally found what I’m looking for…

I knew I wanted a Sport trim 1500 anywhere from 22k$-28k$ with anywhere from 80k miles and up.

I found me a 2017 Ram 1500 Copper Sport! High miles but 90% highway miles, 1 owner. The truck belonged to a guy who runs a detail/ceramic coating/rim business so truck is pristine and looks great.

Some after market work has been done cosmetically. Almost no chrome left on truck, all has been blacked out to match badges.

Picking up truck this week and couldn’t be more excited to get into it. First truck ever so obv first ram too.

Any other copper sport owners out there? I know ram limited the number produced in 2017. Let me see what you’ve got, I plan to do some additional work on mine, let me know what you think she needs….

View attachment 485446
Nice lookng color/ride and agree as suggested, do not Black Out Headlights. If anything beef them up more for more light, IMHO...

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
Beautiful truck and perfect color! I might be bias... With that said there are a few out there. There are a two others in my area with different trim packages. There is another 2013 identical to this one, other there somewhere. RAM had to build me a second one after the first on fell off a ramp when being loaded on a transport after it was build. It had damage to the most of the passenger side. I was offered a rebuilt title or wait 6 more weeks, I waited! Dealer gave me another $600 in cash at the dealership too.

IMG_20181111_122204962.jpg

OP
OP
C

Coppersport89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
After driving the truck for a week, have definitely come to notice stock headlight halogen bulbs SUCK! You all are right need to upgrade immediately. Any suggestions on bulbs? Also thinking about switching out fog light bulbs too…looking for plug and play, easy install.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a puddlejumper! *coughs* Pardon, my geeky slip is showing.

Seriously though, that is one drop dead gorgeous machine! Welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie. :)

Last edited:

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 485446
Beautiful one thing I had one. Headlights suck I put less in and had problems with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500