Found this today what is it.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm married, I've been pulling it........... Oh, we're still on this! Never mind! Anybody have a napkin???

Last edited:

raff18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019c
Engine
hemi 5.7
With those keyboard warrior skills it's easy to say you were the one picked on in high school, picked last in gym class? No need to be a ********* as a matter of fact my truck was bought new off the lot and I don't even have an owners manual. Insted I got a disc to put in my computer but there was no mention of this in there. Try to act civil in the forums and not let the memories of the atomic wedgies get to you.

See when u read something and think in your head its negative all u can hear in your head is a negative tone!
If i was being a total ass and was calling him out i would have said nasty things like you have. It sounds like you speak from experience? :baby:
I'm not getting into a fight online coz no one ever wins!
It just bugs me when "people" spend 25,000 plus dollars on something and don't read the manual. This was my first new truck so yes i wanted to learn all about its features. I payed for them might as well know how to use them. Also if i see someone with the same truck and are stuck i can offer help as i know how or atleast can point them in the right direction. :favorites13:

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
look in your owners manual !
you have the eight speed trans. what would happen if your electrical system some how was fried or battery was flat and....... well you would need to tow it right ? but u can't shift it ............ well you pop this cover off and pull the cable and omg its in neutral ........
sorry it just grinds me when people don't read owners manuals. loads of great info in there!

Keep in mind that those of us who bought our trucks used don't have owners manuals.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My manual is still shrink wrapped with the second set of keys inside sitting in my glovebox.

Of course I usually have 2 screws left over after putting together a shelf.....:favorites13:

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep in mind that those of us who bought our trucks used don't have owners manuals.

not always but either way the manuals are readily available as a free download from the Ram site as well as many other sites so buying used is still a poor excuse

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
CALM DOWN CHILDREN!!!!

Now each of you go choose a corner and think about your lives!

Jk. But guys be nice and respectful of one another. This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable people. There are no dumb questions. Questions are only useless if not asked.

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not always but either way the manuals are readily available as a free download from the Ram site as well as many other sites so buying used is still a poor excuse
My online owners manual covers 1500/2500/3500 with multiple engines, transmissions, and a massive variety of available options.

Either way, no reason to jump the guy for asking a simple question.

braindead0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hugenormous
Indeed.. some people enjoy reading some don't.. I've already read the 1500 manual and I don't even have one yet! However I didn't recognize the picture right off either, manual just describes where it's at no pictures..

Some people get AAA or other roadside assistance, some people carry a rollaway chest in the back, a welder and compressor ;-)

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

The only stupid question is the one you didn't bother to ask. I read my manual and still don't know if the LSD is helical or clutch. Since it doesn't specify and I have heard both I am unsure and I'm not about to take the cover off to find out. Just because someone didn't get one detail or another is no reason to assume that they haven't picked up the manual. Also on the flip side you bought the truck you should try to educate yourself on it. Part of that is asking questions and looking for answers.

But we all need to have a little courtesy towards each other. Some are newbies, beginners, some are knowledgeable, some are professional mechanics around here. IF someone asks a question and you are inclined to answer then do so without becoming derogatory or demeaning in the process. If you can't then let someone else who can, answer.
JMHO
Have a great day all and chill a little,

preachp

Last edited:

k1ng87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks for the question OP! I have an 8 speed too and had no idea that was the procedure if you had dead battery or couldn't shift and needed to get towed...

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hi All,

The only stupid question is the one you didn't bother to ask. I read my manual and still don't know if the LSD is helical or clutch. Since it doesn't specify and I have heard both I am unsure and I'm not about to take the cover off to find out. Just because someone didn't get one detail or another is no reason to assume that they haven't picked up the manual. Also on the flip side you bought the truck you should try to educate yourself on it. Part of that is asking questions and looking for answers.

But we all need to have a little courtesy towards each other. Some are newbies, beginners, some are knowledgeable, some are professional mechanics around here. IF someone asks a question and you are inclined to answer then do so without becoming derogatory or demeaning in the process. If you can't then let someone else who can, answer.
JMHO
Have a great day all and chill a little,

preachp

All of the 9 1/4 diffs I have had on Dakotas have been clutch LSD's. Ram typically used the same diff. I have a TrueTrac gear type in there now, much better.

JoeKer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
look in your owners manual !
you have the eight speed trans. what would happen if your electrical system some how was fried or battery was flat and....... well you would need to tow it right ? but u can't shift it ............ well you pop this cover off and pull the cable and omg its in neutral ........
sorry it just grinds me when people don't read owners manuals. loads of great info in there!

So I'm in instructor in my job and I've seen others talk to folks the way you did. And what does that do? Not a damn thing except maybe inflate your ego cause you know something that someone else doesn't? Did you feel tough after your public flogging? From my experience when you talk to someone and put them in their place like that it discourages them from asking more questions in the future. Then what do they learn? Every time you run across something you don't know you don't ask anyone? Or do you just know everything? This is supposed to be a friendly community for enthusiasts that have a common interest. No need to be a ****. :supergay:

GreyBush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ditto JoeKer! Spot on post. If you don't learn everyday, you're not living...

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Chill everyone and get back on topic NOW.

OP asked a question ooo answer it or don't make a post.

My 2011 has nothing behind that panel. Can't say what that is.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My online owners manual covers 1500/2500/3500 with multiple engines, transmissions, and a massive variety of available options.

Either way, no reason to jump the guy for asking a simple question.

not hard to just skip the bits about different models and features or just read it all and learn a few things. i downloaded and read a lot of the manual before i even started going to dealers. either way i agree no need to jump on him this place is here to ask questions

has anyone pulled it yet? if not maybe i'll do it this weekend and see what happens. i'm not sure if i can even get a cover off tho. i know i messed with it a bit awhile back but it seemed on there pretty good