Freaking P2320

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allen Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need help please. Ignition Coil G Secondary Circuit, could they be more vague? So I’ve swapped plus around, swapped coils around, installed all new plugs installed new coil and installed new plug wires. All for nothing. Still same dang code. I clear it out and almost instantly it comes back. Truck run poorly and guzzles gas. Btw it’s a 04 1500 Hemi 4x4. I’m think kall that’s left is wiring or pcm. I’m hoping one of you can enlighten me on something I’ve overlooked . Thanks a lot

g17jimmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in the same boat. My '07 started this yesterday morning. I'm also getting p0307 misfire on 7 (I'd assume related to the p2320code), p0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1, probably also related to poor ignition on cyl7. I ordered a new coil, cheapo not OEM, but will probably swap coils to see if the problem follows the coil from 7. I'll try plugs this weekend as well. Please do post back on here if you figure yours out.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That code is for the secondary, NOT primary circuit. That means the computer and/or wiring is not very likely to be the culprit. It does mean there has been poor ionization of the cylinder charge detected. Likey cause is sparl plug or boot or bad coil. IF you have some oddball spark plugs other than stock in the truck, I'd suspect that first. There's nothing vague about it to me.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
IIRC ignition coil G is for cylinder 7 which should be the rearmost one on the drivers side. Something with the wiring harness, coil pack or plugs on that cylinder. Try swapping that coil pack with another cylinder to see if the code follows the coil pack. Otherwise something is up with the plugs or wiring harness for that cylinder.

OP
OP
Allen Reed

Allen Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve put 3 brand new plugs and also swapped #7 plug and coil with #1. Put new wires and boot on as well so now I’m stumped

g17jimmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I lucked out on mine. When the replacement coil came I reached back to #7 to loosen the bolts and there were no bolts at all, the coil was just loose. I swapped #1 to #7 and grabbed a couple bolts from a friend that works at the local Dodge shop and it's running fine now. I don't know how the bolt suddenly disappeared. I hadn't touched them since I had the truck (2 years.)

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Push the accelerator pedal to the ground, then try and start the truck, the truck will crank but won't start. Listen for any inconsistencies with compression. You will be able to tell real fast if you have a cylinder not getting full compression. Unless you have already checked compression.